Vandy Pitcher JD Thompson (Cheater)

VolMarine1371

Vanderbilt pitcher JD Thompson was ejected from Saturday's series finale against Florida for use of a foreign substance.

NCAA rules state that a foreign substance ejection for a pitcher carries a four-game suspension, which would take him out of next weekend's series against Mississippi State as well as the midweek game against UT Martin.

I think if you are caught intentionally cheating, you should be suspended more than 4 games.

Corbin has always been a snake in the grass. He knew good and well that Sunscreen and Rosin was illegal to mix.
You’re as ignorant about college baseball as it gets if you think Corbin is a snake. I’ve been around college baseball a very long time and despite hating Vandy, if I had to send my sons to a coach for 4 years, it’d be to Corbin no questions asked.

You’re as ignorant about college baseball as it gets if you think Corbin is a snake. I’ve been around college baseball a very long time and despite hating Vandy, if I had to send my sons to a coach for 4 years, it’d be to Corbin no questions asked.
Didn’t say he wasn’t a good coach. It’s obvious that Vandy is an elite baseball program, and I don’t think you will find anyone that says anything different. But there is no denying he’s a douche bag also. Both can be true. He likes to talk ****, and “act like” he don’t know anything. And since Vitello has been in Knoxville, Corbin really been in his feelings. Just like that “bat sticker” issue a couple years ago.

Over Tony V?

Watching on t.v. brought back memories of watching Gaylord Perry doctor the baseball. Vandy pitcher was obvious in a pathetic attempt to hide his deception.

Big difference was everybody knew what Gaylord was doing from day one. Was kind of like trying to find the "trick" a magician used.

He passed away a few years ago, but if you never got to hear Gaylord speak at a public event and get started on all his tricks-you missed out.

He is the bee's knees for promising young pitchers.

Exactly. Can’t imagine how much OP would lose his mind if he knew why most teams use digital means to call in pitches
Sign stealing, and tipping pitches is one thing, but altering the ball in ways that it moves differently than it would if you didn’t, is an issue.

Big difference was everybody knew what Gaylord was doing from day one. Was kind of like trying to find the "trick" a magician used.

He passed away a few years ago, but if you never got to hear Gaylord speak at a public event and get started on all his tricks-you missed out.
I'll bet he was an entertaining speaker. Definitely a signature character in the game.

Encrepted? Interesting. Could you point me to more information?
I actually don’t know if they’re encrypted. But they are electronic.

Edit: according to Wikipedia, PitchCom is encrypted

Reactions: VolTull
You think Vandys coaches didn’t know what he was doing? People in the dugout know what is going on.
All I have to say is that they deserve to get caught but they should be punished for being so stupidly obvious not for loading the ball up.

Sign stealing, and tipping pitches is one thing, but altering the ball in ways that it moves differently than it would if you didn’t, is an issue.
It has been a part of the game for 150 years. As catcher, I always wished they've legalized the spitter and made the knuckle ball illegal. During the splitter craze of the eighties the majority of them were actually spitters.

Reactions: volfanbill
I actually don’t know if they’re encrypted. But they are electronic.

Edit: according to Wikipedia, PitchCom is encrypted
Thanks 👍 😊

VN Store

Back