Vols 2024 excited or reserved?

Concerned about the lack of getting the OL portal players( it is NOT the lack of NIL money ). Seems there might be a recruiting issue in this area?

Might be time for a new OL coach.

Reactions: Rocky Top T
Concerned about the lack of getting the OL portal players( it is NOT the lack of NIL money ). Seems there might be a recruiting issue in this area?

Best O line coach we have had in years and you want to replace him? No way. He made a pretty good O line in 2023 with mostly 3 stars and a couple of walk ons. We have O linemen that are red shirt Freshmen who have talent and 3-4 true Freshmen coming in with even more talent. If I have a concern about Nico getting hurt is my concern with the RBs increasing their ability to pick up the blitzes.

Now that CFP is over only drama is if apparent, accused, cheater jumps to the pros to join his brother in the league again.
So with most of the big fish reeled in on the recruiting trail does the Volunteers take with what is truly returning have you excited or reserved?
Absolutely EXCITED

I never really checked in during 2023, because I knew with Joe at QB, that there would be struggle

Reactions: Sara Clark
Best O line coach we have had in years and you want to replace him? No way. He made a pretty good O line in 2023 with mostly 3 stars and a couple of walk ons. We have O linemen that are red shirt Freshmen who have talent and 3-4 true Freshmen coming in with even more talent. If I have a concern about Nico getting hurt is my concern with the RBs increasing their ability to pick up the blitzes.
Maybe you should take a listen

We NEED OL lineman badly!!!!

I am reserved. We have a one game sample at QB, will have a completely different defensive backfield and no Idea as what part of the offensive line will look like.

Reactions: Rocky Top T
Reserved. The loses this year made me lose the optimism I had last year. Underwhelmed by what I've seen with recruiting and the portal.

Excited for the season but concerned that we have almost no starters as far as DB's or OL that this coaching staff has recruited that has actually became a starter in their time here.If this continues we won't be able to recruit these positions very well in high school and that will be a BIG problem.

Reactions: HEAD-VOL
Always excited. Even when I know it's going to be bad

Yeah, I'm excited. I think we have a qb that will bring chemistry to the team. That'll go a looooong way.

Now that CFP is over only drama is if apparent, accused, cheater jumps to the pros to join his brother in the league again.
So with most of the big fish reeled in on the recruiting trail does the Volunteers take with what is truly returning have you excited or reserved?
I don’t know if we will be a better team in 2024, but I am definitely more excited for this upcoming season than the 2023 season.

It’s not NIL money. Why? Because someone on here said so? If iou think we are offering massive NIL deals to every OL we are targeting in the portal then you are mistaken.

You do realize portal recruiting doesn’t end right?

It’s a new era. I’m excited :)

No doubt Sampson's blocking is a big issue, but, the fact we didn't have any younger players that could pass block better than the backups that started against Iowa is a HUGE concern. Umerov and Lang absolutely must make major strides before this fall if the Vols are going to be good in '24 . Hope you are right about the incoming OL, but this staff whiffed on Nichols, the highest-rated OL signed by this staff, so I don't have a lot of confidence in OL recruiting right now.

VN Store

Back