Vols Fall Practice #13

They will slide Baron inside, and both Hobbs and Robinson will burn their redshirts.

Hobbs and Robinson would not be good solutions. Freshmen don’t play DT in the SEC unless they are a freak or it’s a dire situation. It normally doesn’t go well.

Worried about DT. With McNeil and Terry leaving. Simmons hurt. What do we have there? 3 guys? Thomas, Lott, Eason? That’s very very thin.

I formally retract this post ha. Without Simmons we have Thomas, Eason, Lott, Garland, and West that are all capable inside. With Simmons we would have 6.

Sorry it was Missouri not Vandy. I challenge you to find another besides that one. :)
Counted three on here. Remember more that maybe didn’t make a highlight tape. I’d rather he secure the catch but hope his balance evens out and he clocks some more.

Last edited:
Reactions: Smokey19rt
Counted three on here. Remember more that maybe didn’t make a highlight tape. I’d rather he secure the catch but hope his balance evens out and he clocks some more.

Only one where fell on there is Missouri. Catch vs SC was underthrown and DB was getting ready to tackle him at the 10 yard line he was not going to make the endzone, Clemson was a dive. So just one

Only one where fell on there is Missouri. Catch vs SC was underthrown and DB was getting ready to tackle him he was not going to make the endzone, Clemson was a dive. So just one
I saw 3 where he will eventually take it to the end zone...and I remember others. I wouldn't take it personally, but it's your message board too.

I saw 3 where he will eventually take it to the end zone...and I remember others. I wouldn't take it personally, but it's your message board too.

Oh I don't take it personally...just have seen that posted so I went back to confirm. I watched every Squirrel catch so I know there was only once where he fell where he could have scored. Hyatt did it as well.

Reactions: DMichel123
Oh I don't take it personally...just have seen that posted so I went back to confirm. I watched every Squirrel catch so I know there was only once where he fell where he could have scored. Hyatt did it as well.
We're at a hopeless impasse. Our realities don't mesh...godspeed.

Squirrel running with the twos means they haven't figured out a way to coach him into being 6'5" like Thornton. That just means he'll be hungrier when he's in there, a good thing for the youngster. Not like hearing Simmons being banged up. My friends from Nashville and I have been waitting for him to break out. He's now in a do or die year and I really expect him to get it and excel. Time will tell.

Ok… stupid question..
what do they mean by ”on air” portion of practice? I know it is passing, but on air throws me.

Thanks, Fingers! The Quarterbacks looked awesome on the deep passes. I think we are going to surprise a bunch of people this year. GO VOLS!!!!!

Thanks @Fingers! Don’t want to get ahead of myself, but based on JM3’s performances in games last season, the Orange Bowl start to finish and now the positive reports out of spring and fall camp, I’m very optimistic Heupel’s work with Joe has been successful and looking forward to Joe having a really nice season. Mays or not, I think O line will somehow find a way to get the job done.

Tennessee runnings back coach Jerry Mack admitted he and Tennessee coaches made a mistake last fall camp. Sophomore running back Jaylen Wright was banged up last fall practice. While he participated in drills, Tennessee held him out of full contact work.

Wright was ready for the season opener but the lack of contact came back to bite him. The then-sophomore had fumble problems early in the season.
Wright is fully healthy this fall camp but senior Jabari Small has been limited with injuries. However, Mack and Tennessee have made sure Small’s taken hits during fall camp.

How Tennessee Coaches Learned From Their Mistakes During Last Fall Camp | Rocky Top Insider

VN Store

Back