Vols in NFL

Well deserved and not surprising for Callaway as a Saints fan. Last year, our top 2 went down, and everybody thought it was Trequan Smith's time to shine as #1, but Callaway waaay outplayed him.

As for Trey Smith, who else is saying "told ya so" after saying "Trey Smith is still on the board" every time your team was on the clock in round 2, 3, 4, 5..... it seemed like such an easy choice, even with health concerns

Jujuan Jennings looking like he could make the roster for the Niners as WR 4/5

I'm hearing talk he's in the mix for WR3 or he could take the slot position.

Hope he does. The speed was always the negative talk about him, but what he lacks in speed he more than makes up for in heart.

That's something you can't coach. He had almost 30 broken tackles in 60 receptions his last year here. That's next level effort, IMO.

image.jpg

D.J. Montgomery from Austin Peay had two receptions for 28 yards last night:)

I'm hearing talk he's in the mix for WR3 or he could take the slot position.

Hope he does. The speed was always the negative talk about him, but what he lacks in speed he more than makes up for in heart.

That's something you can't coach. He had almost 30 broken tackles in 60 receptions his last year here. That's next level effort, IMO.
Maybe. Breaking tackles in the college game is far easier than the NFL. Regardless, if he makes the team he will be a gamer in whatever role he plays

Maybe. Breaking tackles in the college game is far easier than the NFL. Regardless, if he makes the team he will be a gamer in whatever role he plays

True, but I'd like to point out that he topped Cece Lamb and Justin Jefferson in that stat. Those are two first round NFL wide receivers.

If you've watched JJ you know what he brings. Hopefully the NFL will finally get to see what VOL fans saw with Jennings while he was here.

NFL GMs have benefited from UT’s bad coaches. They have gotten really good players for cheap, late in the draft, because Jones and Pruitt made them look terrible.

Last edited:
Reactions: volsknx
Josh probably gonna get cut...he has taken the fewest snaps in preseason Tomlin said he probably won't play tonight

True, but I'd like to point out that he topped Cece Lamb and Justin Jefferson in that stat. Those are two first round NFL wide receivers.

If you've watched JJ you know what he brings. Hopefully the NFL will finally get to see what VOL fans saw with Jennings while he was here.
There are literally dozens of "heart" players in the league that make it because of their effort despite their lack of tangible skills. It would be a reach to think JJ is going to be in their regular receiver rotation. His worth will be on special teams and as a back-up WR

VN Store

Back