Vols Make Big Personnel Move

Stupid comment considering he was going to RS fresh year regardless. What is he? A RS Freshmen?

Yeah, some bust..

Agreed. Senior Year Highlights - Andrew Butcher highlights - Hudl

A tad injury prone? Maybe. His knee surgery at the beginning of the fall was something that had been needing to be fixed since high school. Now he'll be playing 20-25lbs heavier (he's able to bench 225lbs 30+ times btw), with his motor and his mean streak...scary.

Reactions: 4 people
I keep forgetting about Phillips. Hopefully he's a monster for us!

Yup, dude was a huge coup on signing day. Probably the most athletic DE we have. Taylor is athletic too, but doesn't have the build of Phillips. I remember reports from last year's, either fall camp or spring practice, that Phillips could run almost as fast as the DB's.

Reactions: 1 person
Along those lines, what is up with Alexis Johnson? Will he be back on this team come August or not? Charges were not pressed, the lawsuit is behind us. What is keeping him off the team exactly? I'm all for our players being held accountable but this is getting ridiculous. At this point I see no reason for him not be on the team unless he's done more since he was suspended.

I didn't think we would see him as long as the lawsuit was active..now I'm hopeful he will be back. Wonder if it is one of those going before the student council review things?

Reactions: 1 person
Tennessee has replaced former compliance expert Matt Hibbs, who last month took a Sr. AD/Compliance spot with Urban Meyer at Ohio State, with a major coup in landing Jonathan Bowling from Alabama,

Continue to hear really good things on Shy Tuttle, whom some despite coming back from injury still believe is the best defensive lineman on campus. Jonathan Kongbo is up around 280 and looks really impressive as he adjusts while Rashaan Gaulden and Kyle Phillips are two who also have drawn praise. Gaulden if healthy should be a full-time starter and Phillips could have a big year as well, per folks on campus.

So we get their compliance guy right after Bo Davis recruiter gets canned....Hmmm!

I hope he knows how to keep us clean and where Bama hid the bodies.

I think Kyle Phillips is going to become a total BEAST!

He not only runs fast but he's quick twitch, really fast off the line, gets low for leverage around the O Tackles and goes fast to the RB or QB.

I think he has the potential to be as good as, or better, than Barnett.

He was at a U S Army thing or a nike thing going against some of the best O linemen in his recruiting class and he was basically unstoppable.

As to this OP....Since when did alaBubba comply with NCAA recruiting rules?

Maybe this is the guy to teach us how to haul in more 4* and 5* kids like nick saTan does.

Team 120...Working to WIN Championships...VFL...GBO!!!

Reactions: 3 people
Compliance director from....Alabama: That's an oxymoron.

Lol
This guy must have learned his job in Vegas with Dave Copperfield. Hiding all the tricks Satan has had up his sleeves has been amazing! Can anyone seriously say Bama is a clean program with Lane Kiffen on the staff?

I didn't think we would see him as long as the lawsuit was active..now I'm hopeful he will be back. Wonder if it is one of those going before the student council review things?

I actually hope he redshirts this year and sticks around for 17 and 18. If Tuttle and Kmac leave early we will need him in 18

Yup, dude was a huge coup on signing day. Probably the most athletic DE we have. Taylor is athletic too, but doesn't have the build of Phillips. I remember reports from last year's, either fall camp or spring practice, that Phillips could run almost as fast as the DB's.

Phillips was the first to lose the black stripe...we have some talent at the DE spot...don't overlook Corey Vareen either...he is very good...I think we have 4 starting DEs...

VN Store

Back