Vols open as early favorites over Florida

But please for the love of God Heupel don’t let Billy Napier come in to Neyland and win. But I sure won’t be shocked if that is exactly what happens. Since 2000 we are 4-17 against Florida and during that time they have had 7 different head coaches. They had a 11 game win streak from 2005-2015 and are currently on a 5 game win streak. Why would anyone bet on Tennessee to beat Florida at this point???

heroes-thats-what-heroes-do.gif

tenor.gif

Reactions: UTwild82
But please for the love of God Heupel don’t let Billy Napier come in to Neyland and win. But I sure won’t be shocked if that is exactly what happens. Since 2000 we are 4-17 against Florida and during that time they have had 7 different head coaches. They had a 11 game win streak from 2005-2015 and are currently on a 5 game win streak. Why would anyone bet on Tennessee to beat Florida at this point???

Since 2000 the Vols are actually 4-18 vs. UF. This starts to change come Sept.

Florida has dominated Tennessee for the past 30 years, it is to the point that I refuse to believe that Tennessee will beat Florida no matter the talent or coaching for both teams. It is one of the great injustices in the universe. Tennessee will need to beat Florida 10+ years in a row before I can shake that mentality.

Yes we beat Florida!!!! I’m going to get on the hype train and predict a victory in Knoxville. At some point this sh-& show against them has to get turned around right??? Even Butch Jones beat Florida surely Heup can do it.

I don't see why either team would bet that line. Florida can't be that confident either. They don't know what they have.

Agree. From the FL standpoint, I’ve never gone into a season more unsure of what UF has. I know the QB is maybe the most athletic in the country, I also know he’s injury-prone. I know the RB room is stacked. I know the interior DT’s, aside from Dexter, strike fear into nobody, I know the defense as a whole has been horrid for 2 full seasons.

Could be 6-6, 5-7, hell could be 10-2. I have no idea. But we won’t have to wait long to see, a Utah team that will probably be ranked in the top 10 week 1 in the Swamp.

Agree. From the FL standpoint, I’ve never gone into a season more unsure of what UF has. I know the QB is maybe the most athletic in the country, I also know he’s injury-prone. I know the RB room is stacked. I know the interior DT’s, aside from Dexter, strike fear into nobody, I know the defense as a whole has been horrid for 2 full seasons.

Could be 6-6, 5-7, hell could be 10-2. I have no idea. But we won’t have to wait long to see, a Utah team that will probably be ranked in the top 10 week 1 in the Swamp.
Depends on how quickly the players buy into Napier’s system your schedule is absolutely brutal

Depends on how quickly the players buy into Napier’s system your schedule is absolutely brutal

Opening with Utah instead of some directional school, plus @ Texas A&M late in the season makes it tougher than normal for sure.

I’m hopeful but uncertain with regard to Napier. He certainly has a better personality and cares more about recruiting than Mullen did, but I need to see his X’s and O’s. Everything I’ve seen so far looks promising but that’s almost always the case early on with coaching changes.

Opening with Utah instead of some directional school, plus @ Texas A&M late in the season makes it tougher than normal for sure.

I’m hopeful but uncertain with regard to Napier. He certainly has a better personality and cares more about recruiting than Mullen did, but I need to see his X’s and O’s. Everything I’ve seen so far looks promising but that’s almost always the case early on with coaching changes.
I’m guessing AR will be the QB

Reactions: Jaws
I think Tennessee at home vs a first year Coach should be favored by 7, but I'll take a Field Goal W! That said, IF our Defense can get some stops, we win by 17!

Reactions: Big Al Orange
Florida will be 1-2 when they roll into Neyland with losses to Kentucky and Utah. We'll be favored by at least 7 and actually win by 17.

Book it.
I want to see what we do against Ball State. If I don't see too much rust, I'm probably hammering Pitt and Florida games. And probably Kentucky too, since it's at home.

VN Store

Back