Vols Practice Thread #12

It's practice and we all know not to read too much into practice, but Cedric Tillman's development is definitely the most encouraging theme that has been consistent throughout these threads. We badly need a few more serviceable WRs to go alongside of Jennings, Callaway, and B. Johnson. Between him and Josh Palmer, we might be OK there.

Double-extra bonus if Tyler Byrd becomes remotely serviceable (and I'm skeptical of that until I see proof).
I think Byrd will have a good year. He is a good athlete he just needs coaching.

I might get flamed for this, but I hope like hell they take it easy with playing Rocky Top and save it just for touchdowns. Now don’t get me wrong, playing it 20 times from scoring 20 touchdowns would be great, but I’m just saying.
Reported.
You Must've lost your dadgum mind somewhere.

"we need serviceable receivers..." 🤔

"our linebacker impaled the quarterback..." 😂

Byrd caught 3 passes for 27 yards last season while being in our two-deep. "Serviceable" would be a huge upgrade.

Obviously, I'd prefer for him to "tower over" and "bulldoze" the competition while making "acrobatic catches", but I'm being realistic and going with dull, boring "serviceable" guy who can maybe get 100 yards this season. :)

Reactions: FïreBall
Byrd caught 3 passes for 27 yards last season while being in our two-deep. "Serviceable" would be a huge upgrade.

Obviously, I'd prefer for him to "tower over" and "bulldoze" the competition while making "acrobatic catches", but I'm being realistic and going with dull, boring "serviceable" guy who can maybe get 100 yards this season. :)

I'm picking up what you be throwing down..

Reactions: DiderotsGhost
I might get flamed for this, but I hope like hell they take it easy with playing Rocky Top and save it just for touchdowns. Now don’t get me wrong, playing it 20 times from scoring 20 touchdowns would be great, but I’m just saying.[/QUOTE

the mob with pitch forks and cans of gasoline are marching for you!!!! Blasphemous!! Lol

Last edited:

I would settle for them catching the uncontested passes. Drops are drive killers and we have had our share lately.

Is this the thread where I obsessively come to read practice reports. Then tell anyone else who comes in here that they are dumb for reading into anything reported in here. Totally ignoring the irony of coming here for info they believe to be worthless.

I have already seen so many of these 2-3 minute practice videos that I find myself just clicking forward until I see the QB/WR routes on air. I always watch that part.

Reactions: Volatility
I might get flamed for this, but I hope like hell they take it easy with playing Rocky Top and save it just for touchdowns. Now don’t get me wrong, playing it 20 times from scoring 20 touchdowns would be great, but I’m just saying.

Gonna have to respectfully disagree w/ ya on this... I think Rocky Top should be utilized for obvious big moments! Touchdowns, turnovers, & “big” plays (either pick up of a ton of yards, that extremely tense 3rd & 1 at a critical stage in a game, 3rd down defensive stops, etc.) ... so, the more Rocky Top the better!! Believe it or not, when that stadium is electric & Rocky Top is rockin’.. the players do feed on that stuff!

Reactions: 5FingerVolPunch

I have to think Byrd was sent to the bowl down front to drink the Pruitt koolaid. HIs bud, CFA has virtually disappeared as a RB and DB, he's a good kid, just not SEC type material. I suspect Pruitt has informed Byrd he needs to get productive or get on I-40 out of town. He may have acted like he drank it and continues doing what he has been or he catches fire, time will tell. I just don't think CJP is the kind of guy that lets guys doing barely enough to keep their schollys hanging around very long.

Concerned about Jennings.

Excited about Murphy.

The Jennings thing, I'm concerned too. I'm not there so don't know why he seems to be half-azzing compared to Callaway. If he really is half-azzing, he'll find both halves on the bench while some third stringer in put in the game. Pruitt doesn't half anything.

I'm about tired of Knoxville News Sentinel coming out with all these stories and stuff that I can't read. It's getting very agitating, and then other places just repost with a redirect to Knoxville News Sentinel. Very frustrating lol.

The Jennings thing, I'm concerned too. I'm not there so don't know why he seems to be half-azzing compared to Callaway. If he really is half-azzing, he'll find both halves on the bench while some third stringer in put in the game. Pruitt doesn't half anything.

Agreed. I’m not in practice, so I can’t see the whole situation, but if he really is half azzing, that’s a shame bc he will be buried on the depth chart under this coaching staff.

VN Store

Back