'24 Vols Transfer Offers

Staes is just going to be a junior, and Justin Joly is just going to be a junior. That’s 2 years they can play for us! Honestly if they’re bringing them both in for a visit I can see us pitching to them being on the field together. If they were 1 year rental TEs I would say to get 1 of the 2, but since both are just going to be juniors I would make them both offers that they couldn’t refuse. I think both would be upgrades, and I think Joly could provide some versatility. You could line him up out wide because of his athleticism. Now the juice wells recruitment is absolutely huge! If we get him he immediately becomes our most explosive WR on the team.

Reactions: ERvolsfan
Staes is just going to be a junior, and Justin Joly is just going to be a junior. That’s 2 years they can play for us! Honestly if they’re bringing them both in for a visit I can see us pitching to them being on the field together. If they were 1 year rental TEs I would say to get 1 of the 2, but since both are just going to be juniors I would make them both offers that they couldn’t refuse. I think both would be upgrades, and I think Joly could provide some versatility. You could line him up out wide because of his athleticism. Now the juice wells recruitment is absolutely huge! If we get him he immediately becomes our most explosive WR on the team.
I would rather get 1 portal and 1 grad/hs guy. Really want to see Ethan Davis get significant time this year

He’s not more explosive than White.

But he is a good player that I hope we get.

Reactions: walkenvol
Staes only played in 1 game in 2022, so wouldn’t he have 3 years of eligibility left?

Hands down we do not want. They’re as toxic as they come, just ask people associated with Crockett HS in Jonesboro and, if I remember correctly, Knox Catholic.

Yeah it’s not possible that Heupel could handle challenging egos better than …… high school coaches lol. Gimme a break

Yeah it’s not possible that Heupel could handle challenging egos better than …… high school coaches lol. Gimme a break
Go take some time research what ole Sensabaugh has done to every program he and/or his son has been around, then come back to me. It has nothing to do with my faith in Heupel and company’s ability to manage people like this, it has more to do with you sometimes just don’t want to deal with the headache.

Go take some time research what ole Sensabaugh has done to every program he and/or his son has been around, then come back to me. It has nothing to do with my faith in Heupel and company’s ability to manage people like this, it has more to do with you sometimes just don’t want to deal with the headache.

Then you can tell him to hit the portal after a year. There is very little risk anymore

Then you can tell him to hit the portal after a year. There is very little risk anymore
You’ve obviously never coached before. One toxic individual can derail a season. In fact, if the stories are true, a perfect example of this is what one toxic person (Banks) did to our season last year (see USCjr Game). So why would we want to even waste our time on someone with a history of that when it’s not like said person is a stud athlete?

I think we all expected a joly offer. The other part was what I didn’t like: “I have on good authority” and then used that supposed credibility t insert his opinion and those remain to be seen. Rumor spreading.
You could just STFU and take the L but you’re doubling down?!?

Like the strategy!

Reactions: Ttucke11
This is not Arkansas or Georgia, it is Jonesborough, TN not Jonesboro (yes as someone who grew up there and went to DC, I know the name switch back and forth but that was years ago)

Reactions: LittleVol
Depending on what he may or may not do to the locker room. That's like saying that unprotected sex is very low-risk since you can break up with her if it doesn't work out.

If you already have a strong culture you believe in then a guy isn’t gonna come in and fracture the locker room.

That worry only exists in weak cultures.

Reactions: walkenvol

VN Store

Back