W. Walker in Portal Again!

The transfer portal is beyond ridiculous now.

Little need to follow it or recruiting anymore and simply support the team that comes out on the field on Saturdays.
and this is why you can’t have nice things. If players keep doing this, they’re going to put a limit on the number of transfers available to a player you would think, hope.

Reactions: brockytop
and this is why you can’t have nice things. If players keep doing this, they’re going to put a limit on the number of transfers available to a player you would think, hope.

Not as long they fear the courts which have basically said you can't restrict what the players do. Do you want the courts to restrict the number of jobs you can take?

Since we are talking transfers, here are the numbers for players lost to the portal by each SEC team this cycle.

Alabama - 34
Arkansas - 33
Auburn - 23
Florida - 23
Georgia - 26
Kentucky - 21
LSU - 25
Mississippi St - 25
Missouri - 17
Ole Miss - 19
Oklahoma - 24
South Carolina - 25
Tennessee - 15
Texas - 19
Texas A&M - 30
Vanderbilt - 23

Ole Miss is the ONLY one that has brought in enough transfers to cover their losses. They have 20 transfers arriving. Everyone else is well below what they lost.

The transfer portal is beyond ridiculous now.

Little need to follow it or recruiting anymore and simply support the team that comes out on the field on Saturdays.
I’m okay with that. At the end of the day if the product is good, the rest really should be an afterthought. CJH has yet to let us down.

Reactions: brockytop
Not as long they fear the courts which have basically said you can't restrict what the players do. Do you want the courts to restrict the number of jobs you can take?

Since we are talking transfers, here are the numbers for players lost to the portal by each SEC team this cycle.

Alabama - 34
Arkansas - 33
Auburn - 23
Florida - 23
Georgia - 26
Kentucky - 21
LSU - 25
Mississippi St - 25
Missouri - 17
Ole Miss - 19
Oklahoma - 24
South Carolina - 25
Tennessee - 15
Texas - 19
Texas A&M - 30
Vanderbilt - 23

Ole Miss is the ONLY one that has brought in enough transfers to cover their losses. They have 20 transfers arriving. Everyone else is well below what they lost.
Seems easy enough to work around with a contract that pre determines the number you agree upon for available transfers upon entering division one football. It will get to this point imo, businesses don’t like the idea of signing these kids to deals that the player can cease void at any time. 2 transfers, not to be allowed in the same year year. Per 4 years, at 5 years the player could meet certain criteria to earn a third transfer opportunity.

Seems easy enough to work around with a contract that pre determines the number you agree upon for available transfers upon entering division one football. It will get to this point imo, businesses don’t like the idea of signing these kids to deals that the player can cease void at any time. 2 transfers, not to be allowed in the same year year. Per 4 years, at 5 years the player could meet certain criteria to earn a third transfer opportunity.

as the laws are now, you can't write contracts that indicate playing for any school let alone how long you must stay there.

LOL ... I thought the same thing. It will be like the pros when they lose one or two key players at a position they will simply work a deal with another team midseason to get a player they need. Think Josh Dobbs last year ... Cleveland, Arizona, Minnesota and now San Francisco. This is getting INSANE!
Yep, and a SEC cellar dweller has a top player in the Nation so mid season and beyond the conference higher ups will persuade a portal to one of the teams that have a chance in the final 12 to keep the Natty in the SEC. Then they will go chant their ad nauseam SEC chant.
Then in their best Mike Tyson voice "Got to feed my conference". 🤣

Last edited:
Are you for or against giving a player as many transfers as they want?

I really have no opinion. College athletics has changed forever. There is no going back now. The NCAA caved as soon as the kid in West Virginia filed suit against them for him to transfer a second time. They immediately caved and made it unlimited.

The only thing that can possibly happen to stop unlimited transfers by players is for the schools to make athletes employees that sign contracts for X period of time. Its going to be the only possible way to control it. Not sure how soon that can happen because I believe there are a lot of damages that will do to college athletics.

Reactions: SonOfGodVolforlife
I really have no opinion. College athletics has changed forever. There is no going back now. The NCAA caved as soon as the kid in West Virginia filed suit against them for him to transfer a second time. They immediately caved and made it unlimited.

The only thing that can possibly happen to stop unlimited transfers by players is for the schools to make athletes employees that sign contracts for X period of time. It’s going to be the only possible way to control it. Not sure how soon that can happen because I believe there are a lot of damages that will do to college athletics.
I feel like our opinions on the matter is pretty close, college athletics will forever be changed. We are witnessing the beginning of a new era, and with that you expect to have some issues that can be addressed and fixed. I think eventually colleges will start incorporating themselves into the N.I.L to where it limits players. I’m just rdy for some Tennessee football tho 😂 GBO!!

I am curious how long before Supreme Court allows for in-season transfers .. it will be wild
It will never happen. Not with eligibility, at least. Now, the version of in-season transfers that could actually happen? The supreme courts rules that players are emoloyees of the schools and not student athletes, and teams can then trade players. Probably a caveat that you can only trade a player to another school if that school also has his major.

Reactions: volmandu
Seriously. What is a class worth in terms of its ranking anymore? A team can be last in their conference on high school recruits but clean up in the portal and have a better team than most of their conference
You're right. Class rankings really mean nothing. It's come down to rooting for the "jersey."

That is absolutely crazy!!

so far, and I'm certain I've missed quite a few when trying to capture the data, 24 players that entered the portal and enrolled in another school in December have now entered the portal this month looking for another new team. Free agency with no limits.. Bet the Pros wish they had this..

It’s Louisville. Have you ever seen their stadium? It’s a $h!thole, and so is the area around it.

Most universities are surrounded by riskier areas. UofL is also near Churchill Downs.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back