WalterFootball.com 2017 NFL Mock Draft: Josh Dobbs to the Browns in the 2nd round

Round 1, Pick 1: DE Myles Garrett (Texas A&M)
Round 1, Pick 12: CB Marlon Humphrey (Alabama)
Round 2, Pick 33: TE Evan Engram (Ole Miss)
Round 2, Pick 52: QB Josh Dobbs (Tennessee)
Round 3, Pick 65: S Marcus Maye (Florida) or S Eddie Jackson (Alabama)

Nice Draft

except you accidentally included some salami players.

I've been a browns fan since the early 80's. I firmly believe this is a total smokescreen. I would NOT be surprised if they took a different vol though. They like the vol prospects, but they are playing the game right now.

They would be better off just trying to play the games that are on Sunday. They have their hands full with that.

With 5 picks in the first 65 selections of the 2017 draft, Cleveland could get a quick turnaround if they draft wisely.
I'd love if Cleveland did this:

Round 1, Pick 1: DE Myles Garrett (Texas A&M)
Round 1, Pick 12: CB Marlon Humphrey (Alabama)
Round 2, Pick 33: TE Evan Engram (Ole Miss)
Round 2, Pick 52: QB Josh Dobbs (Tennessee)
Round 3, Pick 65: S Marcus Maye (Florida) or S Eddie Jackson (Alabama)

That would give them 5 immediate starters with pro-bowl potential. Cleveland would be well on its way to being a respectful franchise once again.

The Browns have drafted wisely...when?

One of my favorite things about the draft is watching the Browns find new and creative ways to $hit the bed on draft day. Every.Single.Year.

If you're really a Dobbs fan, you'll be rooting for him to go in rounds 4-6 to a good organization and allow him to develop behind a good QB before handing him the reigns.

Reactions: 2 people
Now how did I know who started this thread before I opened it......

These clowns had Keizer going 1st qb off the table. I used to enjoy their rankings. But their mock drafts are hot garbage

Interesting development on this. The Browns announced the hire of a QB coach today. This guy is known for working with Dobbs type QB's in the NFL.

He's the guy that popularized the wildcat in Miami.

Interesting development on this. The Browns announced the hire of a QB coach today. This guy is known for working with Dobbs type QB's in the NFL.

He's the guy that popularized the wildcat in Miami.

Lee just came from Buffalo. Wonder if this means the Browns will be going after Tyrod Taylor if the Bills don't rework is deal.

Walterfootball.com Has always been the most reliable and credible mock draft site on the world wide web. I've always said that

Not happening. But we can wait til the draft to confirm you're an idiot if you wanna hang by a thread.

an idiot when he was reporting where WalterFootball had Dobbs going? Don't be a d--k, dude, but some guys just can't help it, eh?

If Josh ends up on the Browns he will turn that franchise around like he turned around Tennessee.

So we go from as a fact...

If Dobbs becomes an even halfway functional starter he will be worshipped like a God at Cleveland. That franchise is so QB starved. Their best QB since they got the franchise back has probably been Kelly Holcomb. Just think about that?

Dobbs doesn't have to do much to turn that franchise around.

to, "if he becomes a halfway functional starter..".

Cleveland is a dump and while their QB selections have been bad its not like there is talent all over the field and the QB is just the last piece.

Reactions: 2 people
So you're saying the Browns will choke away playoff berths late in the season? I suppose that's an improvement over being eliminated from contention shortly after Week 1 kicks off.

You can't put that Vandy loss on Dobbs or the offense. You can put that one on the defense.

And you can put the SC loss on the turmoil created by Hurd.

Dobbs had a great season. I still will be shocked if he goes before the third round though. But I guess stranger things have happened...and absolutely anything is possible with that clown show in Cleveland.

VN Store

Back