Washington

Ah I see where this is going. Wanting to use statistical outliers. Yeah that will work.
Of course. It seems a little unrealistic to me that we'll out-recruit Georgia or Alabama any time soon, so why not pay attention to what Washington is doing and see if we might be able to close the gap that way?

Although.... I'm not so sure that we aren't already doing what Washington is doing. They may just be a couple years ahead of us. I have no idea.... I haven't watched them play a game all year and I didn't watch the game last night. I just know they have a pretty good QB who slings it around pretty well and apparently, they play decent defense as well.

Blue chip ratios and team composite rankings don’t hold nearly as much weight now as they did in the pre-portal era.
Do they have many portal guys? I tried to google it but only found an article from 2021 where they added 5 guys prior to the season - including a little know WR from Texas Tech with less than 300 yards receiving. Some guy named Ja'Lynn Polk.

We'll see if Washington can block Michigan better than bama could. If the Husky offensive line plays well and protects
Pennix, they could win as they are more dynamic offensively than Michigan. But I think Michigan is a more physical team
with the best defense. They're going to try and wear down Washington, I think. Getting good line play will be key for Washington.

Do they have many portal guys? I tried to google it but only found an article from 2021 where they added 5 guys prior to the season - including a little know WR from Texas Tech with less than 300 yards receiving. Some guy named Ja'Lynn Polk.
Essential portal players (we have other guys who get playing time but aren't the difference between life and death):
Penix (QB1)
Polk (WR2/3)
Bernard (WR4)
Johnson (RB1)
Muhammad (CB1)

This team is not where it is today if you remove any of those players, other than possibly one of the WRs.

Essential portal players (we have other guys who get playing time but aren't the difference between life and death):
Penix (QB1)
Polk (WR2/3)
Bernard (WR4)
Johnson (RB1)
Muhammad (CB1)

This team is not where it is today if you remove any of those players, other than possibly one of the WRs.
Hey. Welcome back. You were mentioned in another post. Weren’t you the guy who accidentally showed up on our site last year before your Bowl game? Was it Texas you played last year and you got the UTs confused? Anyway, congrats on your great season. I think most Vol fans will be Husky fans next week.

Of course. It seems a little unrealistic to me that we'll out-recruit Georgia or Alabama any time soon, so why not pay attention to what Washington is doing and see if we might be able to close the gap that way?

Although.... I'm not so sure that we aren't already doing what Washington is doing. They may just be a couple years ahead of us. I have no idea.... I haven't watched them play a game all year and I didn't watch the game last night. I just know they have a pretty good QB who slings it around pretty well and apparently, they play decent defense as well.
Great summation!

I venture to add that they aren’t playing Bama, Georgia, Ole Miss, LSU and other SEC teams.

Hey. Welcome back. You were mentioned in another post. Weren’t you the guy who accidentally showed up on our site last year before your Bowl game? Was it Texas you played last year and you got the UTs confused? Anyway, congrats on your great season. I think most Vol fans will be Husky fans next week.
I think that was a different PurpleTraveler. That sounds completely out of character for a well-grounded, definitely mentally-competent person like me.

And thank you! I am enjoying it. I hope this isn't a once in a generation thing, but I'll be in Houston on Monday savoring the moment, in case it is!

Some additional info on how Washington compares in recruiting to past national champions can be seen in the recent thread bump of:

Reactions: PurpleTraveler

VN Store

Back