Watching NC St/NC…DJ Burns, wow

He took it to us pretty good this year when we played them. Had a bit too much muscle for JA to handle. JA had a game as well if I remember correctly. DJ turned into a solid player.

Reactions: Volfan1000
By the way, assuming that both Mississippi State and Texas A&M make the NCAA Tournament (Lunardi has Miss State in as a 9 seed and Texas A&M in as a 10 seed), NC State's victory tonight means that 10 of Tennessee's 24 victories will have come against teams that will make the NCAA Tournament. All 8 of Tennessee's losses would also be against teams that will play in the NCAA Tournament. Like I said, that's assuming that Lunardi's projections are accurate.

He’s not that great. Carolina didn’t defend him well. Flash a double team at him and make him pick up his dribble. Can’t let him dribble and back you down to 3 ft. There’s a reason State lost 4 straight going into the ACC tournament.

He’s not that great. Carolina didn’t defend him well. Flash a double team at him and make him pick up his dribble. Can’t let him dribble and back you down to 3 ft. There’s a reason State lost 4 straight going into the ACC tournament.
When you double him, he can pass out of it very well. He schooled Bacot who eat Aidoo’s lunch. I would say he’s a better post player than Aidoo right now.

IIRC, When we played NC State, Burns was getting the low post position he wanted. CRB inserted Awaka who muscled Burns further away from the post and negated his effectiveness.

Reactions: gainesvol82
When you double him, he can pass out of it very well. He schooled Bacot who eat Aidoo’s lunch. I would say he’s a better post player than Aidoo right now.
Yes, flash double. Make someone else beat you. Too easy last night.

but they did win 5 games in 5 days…..so it doesn’t matter whether he is ‘great’ or not…..they beat Dook, UVA and Nawf Calina in the stretch

He played in 5 games to win the conference. Not bad for a guy that looks awkward on the court. We could have used his big body at time this season.

VN Store

Back