We don't win tonight without Josiah and Santiago

Only real weakness is that we don't have a reliable option yet after Awaka. Estrella and Phillips both are gonna be good players, but they're just not ready yet.
Been saying it all season. There are a few teams we seriously do not want to see in the dance. Anyone with depth and a dominant presence in the post will have the ability to cause us problems. Awaka and Aidoo have 2 weaknesses.

1 they are both very foul prone especially against bigger competition.
2 there is just the 2 of them.

There is not much that can be done about it. So just gonna come down to what matchups we get in the playoffs and if we can work around that weakness. I am sure Barnes is aware and has a gameplan much like he did last night.

Last edited:
You can throw Mashack in there too.
Reminded me of Deon Grant on the football field on that steal at half court. He's got 1st round talent. All American talent in my book..Just my opinion though...next year it should be Katy bar the door for him ...should be anyways

These Saturday night games have been messing with me lately. Just now got to watch it and was thoroughly impressed.

Knecht is the star but this is a team top to bottom.

I thought they were in real trouble when Awaka and Aidoo got into foul trouble early but the JJJ and Santi stepped up big time in a hostile road environment.

Reactions: Lankykong
Enough said
Gotta tip my cap to those two. They saw Knecht wasn't his dominant self plus foul trouble so those experienced guys picked up the slack and led us to a most improbable victory. Might turn out to be the key to this season when the dust settles. We manage another road win vs SCjr and that give us 3-1 at the worst in this 4 game gauntlet. It also assures us of the SEC regular season. I'd have a hard time seeing the committee not give us a #1 seed under those circumstances. At worst, we'd be the top #2 seed for sure. Also not a bad deal. Kudos to JJJ and Vescovi.

Gotta tip my cap to those two. They saw Knecht wasn't his dominant self plus foul trouble so those experienced guys picked up the slack and led us to a most improbable victory. Might turn out to be the key to this season when the dust settles. We manage another road win vs SCjr and that give us 3-1 at the worst in this 4 game gauntlet. It also assures us of the SEC regular season. I'd have a hard time seeing the committee not give us a #1 seed under those circumstances. At worst, we'd be the top #2 seed for sure. Also not a bad deal. Kudos to JJJ and Vescovi.
I'm just glad to see JJJ and Vescovi playing more aggressive and not just watching Knecht try and do something. We are a better team when those two start asserting themselves on offense

He's getting hot at the right time. His 3 ball looks smooth. He usually plays well at home state SC. Going to need him vs SC this week
Is this going to be his unicorn season where he makes it through without an injury? Lord I hope so!

We played our C game and still beat Bama at there place, team effort no way we win this game last year, this TEAM is special, we are going to the FINAL 4.
We had a C shooting night but it wasn’t due to poor offensive play - the open shots just didn’t fall as often as normal. However, that was an A+ defensive performance.

I think you could safely say we don't win without anyone who played, tonight. Everyone who played had a key play at some point, or provided valuable minutes with someone else in foul trouble.

Gainey was the offensive spark that kept things close when we had guys out with foul trouble. Very aggressive

I have to say I was wrong about JJJ and Santi. They are both the heart and soul of this team. We are soooo much better when these two have good games. When they both are involved and playing well, we can cut the nets down and win it all. They are the glue to this team.

Reactions: DuckInAPen
Santiago has taken a lot of crap for not taking as many jump shots, yet he still has a role on this team.

Dude plays defense and hustles hard.
Hes an all sec level talent taking a back seat to DK because he wants a championship. DK is mvp of this team but santi deserves award for most selfless player. He’s already two time all sec, but he’s never been to a final four. That’s what he wants.

Is this going to be his unicorn season where he makes it through without an injury? Lord I hope so!
That's like when TV announcers say "this kicker hasn't missed an extra point in 4 years", followed by a shank. How do you reverse a jinx?

He had that hand/wrist thing earlier but he played through it and it seems to be behind him now. Hopefully he’s able to stay healthy because he’s really good when he’s healthy.

Reactions: walkenvol
Mashack, JJJ, Vescovi, and ZZ all played very well.

Aidoo, DK and Awaka did NOT.
But we were plus 14 points with DK in the game and down 12 with him out of the game. He draws double teams which leave someone else open.

VN Store

Back