We gonna be good this year?

I think Chaney should also take a small portion of credit for our defense getting better as well. With the attitude in Knoxville being competitive then the improvements made on offense will inheritly make the Dline improve ever so slightly. Idk about y'all but if I kept getting knocked on my ass I always stayed longer and worked out harder until I was the one knocking the person in front of me on their ass. I feel like that is finally going on again.

+1

Pruitt spoke as if the team is better than it was last year, so maybe add a win and scratch the beat downs. He also talked about players working to get where they needed to be, as if most weren't there yet and some might get it in five games. He seemed to be thinking about the defensive secondary, so there'll prolly be some great play and some busts. There's talent on the D-line but not much experience and maturity. O-line sounded some better. Receivers are good, and running backs are not too shabby. Has confidence in the QB, JG. This team might not beat the world, but I expect most of the guys to show up and play football. My impression is that their attitude and conditioning are much improved, so going belly up is gone with last year. Other teams will show up, too, so Volunteers will have to fight until fat lady sings. They ought to get more of their share. jmho

Last edited:
Reactions: Big Al Orange
Chaney will have offense rolling. Pruitt will be blitzing the hell out of teams. 8 wins
I think the Chaney hire was a home run, but his track record is one of steady improvement each year his system is implemented but not necessarily setting the world on fire in year 1. Combine that with our OL questions and I'm not expecting us to light it up on offense this year. I do expect our defense to take a nice step forward in year 2 though.

Reactions: Neyland Law Vol
That "play" was a killer.

I agree. I feel like he had at least started to get a little momentum going, if he had scored there, it could have set the mood for the rest of the game. But man. The air just went out of the stadium. Completely killed it.

The only teams we would surprise would be UGA and Bama.
Would LOVE to shock GA and come out of that game with an upset close win. I would be ecstatic!!! As for Bama only way we score an upset for the first time in 12 years would be their QB is done for the season, the backup sucks and Saban can’t coach due to a health scare....other than that until he calls it quits TN likely isn’t winning a game there anytime soon...

We're going to be better than we were last year. Next year, that's when Pruitt better show dramatic improvement.

VN Store

Back