We just had a 6'5 punter commit

Reactions: 1 person
I'll take 50 to 60 yard punts all day long.

After he kicks the air out of the ball I wonder how many fumbles the kick returners will have from dropping a flat, deflated ball.

WELCOME to Big Orange country young man!

VFL...GBO!!!

Paxton Brooks out of SC.

[twitter]898334177011023872[/twitter]

Good pickup, but it makes me wonder what kind of High School coach decides the 6'5 kid that wants on the team should be the punter.....

http://247sports.com/player/paxton-brooks-46048059

I don't think coaches are really concerned with height for a punter or kicker. When I was in high school, our punter was a 6'6" guy who also started on the offensive line. He was pretty dang good at both. It's usually just the best man for the job.

That's a legit concern. His step and 1/2 is not the same as a short person's. Would he need to back up 17 yards(15 is typical).

I've got a way to revolutionize FGs. I don't want to tell any one. I prefer TDs.

Dr Jerry Punch's son is a long snapper at UT. He can add two more yards per snap easily.

Reactions: 1 person
And golf.

I was thinking of the tall pro golfers.. They (announcers) are always talking about the huge long arc the tall guys get being a great advantage for height and distance of shots. Now, I wonder if this translates to a tall punter having a long leg, being at an advantage over a shorter guy. (let's keep it clean in reference to leg length)

I was thinking of the tall pro golfers.. They (announcers) are always talking about the huge long arc the tall guys get being a great advantage for height and distance of shots. Now, I wonder if this translates to a tall punter having a long leg, being at an advantage over a shorter guy. (let's keep it clean in reference to leg length)

A couple of the best golfers I've seen were former kickers and punters. Must be something to do with transferring momentum through a point of contact.

Paxton Brooks out of SC.

[twitter]898334177011023872[/twitter]

Good pickup, but it makes me wonder what kind of High School coach decides the 6'5 kid that wants on the team should be the punter.....

http://247sports.com/player/paxton-brooks-46048059

Maybe it is because the over excitable long snapper is less apt to send it over his head? Or could it be that the 6'5" kid can kick it 70 yards against the wind? Maybe he doubles as a power forward for the basketball team, and the bball coach didn't want him used up playing DE?

It's isn't too hard to come up with theories on this one while wondering about the why.

Nice video on him. He punts it to the moon. Great arc on it. And he is still somewhat raw. Once they get him to actually loosen up and put his whole body into it, that thing is going to hang up there forever. Should be able to get a few more yards of length as well.

VN Store

Back