We made it through Dooley, Jones, & Pruitt

Suck it up, Buttercups.

Sometime growing pains actually hurt

GO BIG ORANGE!!!!

We are in a much better position right now than we we ever were under any of those guys in only 24 games. CJH already has bested or is close to besting the whole lot of them in every significant way. He blows them all out of the water in terms of ranked wins, has the best ranked win, and is second in number of total weeks being a ranked team at 10 with time left in the season. Jones had 12 weeks as a ranked team in his 5 seasons.

Only thing he is a little behind on is bowls with Jones being 3-0, Pruitt 1-0, and the others all 0-1. He is also 0-1 but now that he is eligible in his second straight year that means he have more appearances than anyone but Jones already and if he wins he will be tied at 1 with Pruitt but have had another appearance.

We are in a much better position right now than we we ever were under any of those guys in only 24 games. CJH already has bested or is close to besting the whole lot of them in every significant way. He blows them all out of the water in terms of ranked wins, has the best ranked win, and is second in number of total weeks being a ranked team at 10 with time left in the season. Jones had 12 weeks as a ranked team in his 5 seasons.

Only thing he is a little behind on is bowls with Jones being 3-0, Pruitt 1-0, and the others all 0-1. He is also 0-1 but now that he is eligible in his second straight year that means he have more appearances than anyone but Jones already and if he wins he will be tied at 1 with Pruitt but have had another appearance.
Agree that this year was incredible. Beating Fla and Bama was amazing.

Be careful putting the cart before the horse (assuming wins vs Vandy and bowl opponent). That hasn't worked out too well for us. Lose those two, we go 9-4, even Butch achieved that.

Agree that this year was incredible. Beating Fla and Bama was amazing.

Be careful putting the cart before the horse (assuming wins vs Vandy and bowl opponent). That hasn't worked out too well for us. Lose those two, we go 9-4, even Butch achieved that.

Yeah he did it twice in his 3rd and 4th year. My point is not to say Heupel can’t still fail. It’s to say we have never made this much progress in any of the rebuild efforts. More than that, we have gotten here in less than 2 seasons. Jones can still hold onto bowls for now. Everything else is Heupel is dominating. Even if he blows it all (which please… don’t), like you say he matches Jones best season already.

I'm really disappointed and trying to figure out how last Saturday happened. A few things I just don't get. Week 11 with a chance for a playoff spot and all of a sudden you have a divided locker room. That makes no sense to me seems a divided locker room with the lack of talent we have would have never made it this far. Another thing is how does a bad performance turn in to 63 points for a bad South Carolina offense. I could understand 38 to 40 points maybe that's a bad day but 63. That's quit

Reactions: oz615
I'm really disappointed and trying to figure out how last Saturday happened. A few things I just don't get. Week 11 with a chance for a playoff spot and all of a sudden you have a divided locker room. That makes no sense to me seems a divided locker room with the lack of talent we have would have never made it this far. Another thing is how does a bad performance turn in to 63 points for a bad South Carolina offense. I could understand 38 to 40 points maybe that's a bad day but 63. That's quit
Exactly. The “everything is alright” crowd is ostriching. But like a lot, I’m having to learn to just be an observer and not be emotionally involved. At the end of the day, we’re fans and care. Most of these players are just passing through, and UT is the stepping stone. Not all, but a lot. But that’s just reality, not saying there’s anything inherently wrong with that. I employee people. The age of the “company man” is gone. Most are always looking for the next better thing. At least football is just entertainment and not my livelihood 😄

Preseason everyone on this site would have given their left gonad for a 10-2 season with wins over Bama, Florida, and LSU.

If you aren't extremely excited about where we are as a team you are to fans what Pruitt/Jones/Dooley are to coaching.

Reactions: VolGirl05
Heupel doesn’t have anything to prove to us.

He’s already exceeded most people’s expectations in his 2nd year.

Upsets happen all the time in college football.
I will say it again giving up 63 points is not an upset. You can name it whatever you want but it's not an upset. I call it quit

Reactions: oz615
Exactly. The “everything is alright” crowd is ostriching. But like a lot, I’m having to learn to just be an observer and not be emotionally involved. At the end of the day, we’re fans and care. Most of these players are just passing through, and UT is the stepping stone. Not all, but a lot. But that’s just reality, not saying there’s anything inherently wrong with that. I employee people. The age of the “company man” is gone. Most are always looking for the next better thing. At least football is just entertainment and not my livelihood 😄

I’ve employed people also and have been employed, it’s not the company man that’s disappeared, but the company that cares and takes care of the employees that has vanished.

The three jackasses I don't want to remember
Mr shower etiquette
Mr run rpo offense with pro style qb minus dobbs
And Ronald Mcdonald

I’ve employed people also and have been employed, it’s not the company man that’s disappeared, but the company that cares and takes care of the employees that has vanished.
Some of each possibly, but I can see that you and I are on different sides of the aisle on that argument. Agree to disagree.

Actually Butch had us in a slightly better position at this point in the season in 2016, but completely blew it in the final game. That roster had about 5X the talent on it and the divisional schedule was a lot easier, though.

Reactions: Stephen Gray
Actually Butch had us in a slightly better position at this point in the season in 2016, but completely blew it in the final game. That roster had about 5X the talent on it and the divisional schedule was a lot easier, though.

Disagree. At this point in 2016 we were 8-3 and ranked #19. The one way I could see it being a little more positive was he was on a 3 game win streak (following his 3 game losing streak). His only ranked wins that season were #19 Georgia and #25 Florida. His highest rank at any point that season was #9.

While that was all at the point we are at now, speaking of what happened in the last game: he went on to lose to Vanderbilt. Let’s not do that!

Suck it up, Buttercups.

Sometime growing pains actually hurt

GO BIG ORANGE!!!!
I'm gonna guess you're a young poster. Look, we aren't bama or now uga. We don't find ourselves in the position we were in this year very often. It's not like we can look to "next year" and expect another run like bama will. These moments are rare and special for UT. When you get shots like we just wasted, it's not being soft to feel the loss. If we'd manage to crash the party, who knows what sort of run it might have led to. Instead, we choked. Most reasonable UT fans were never thinking "playoffs" or "nattys" during the Dooley, Butch or Pruitt years. We knew where we were as a program under those clowns. This was a golden moment and the stage proved to be bigger than we could handle. This type of fan reaction is warranted. It's a big hit for this program trying to find it's way back to contending. When you wake up one saturday morning dreaming of this very same opportunity and realize it's been 20 long years since your last opportunity, you'll not be so flip with your buttercup crap.

Disagree. At this point in 2016 we were 8-3 and ranked #19. The one way I could see it being a little more positive was he was on a 3 game win streak (following his 3 game losing streak). His only ranked wins that season were #19 Georgia and #25 Florida. His highest rank at any point that season was #9.

While that was all at the point we are at now, speaking of what happened in the last game: he went on to lose to Vanderbilt. Let’s not do that!
But we were on track to win the division and play for a championship. We have zero hope of that now. He was a clown that I had zero faith in winning said championship, but he was at least in a position to hopefully have a shot. We are currently mathematically eliminated.

VN Store

Back