We will find out Tuesday!

You sincerely expect them to drop an undefeated power 5 team? I'll agree completely we're better, but we lost, they haven't. You're setting yourself, and sadly others, up for fake outrage with this scenario. TCU is undefeated, Michigan is undefeated, we will not jump either, despite how they played today, and shouldn't. If we were undefeated, had a struggle, and got jumped by someone with a loss, I guarantee you'd be upset.

We both know Georgia would beat either of these posers by 30. The Playoff Committe apparently values undefeated teams with weak schedules more than actual contenders.

We both know Georgia would beat either of these posers by 30. The Playoff Committe apparently values undefeated teams with weak schedules more than actual contenders.
Sadly agree on both points. Hopefully Michigan is out of the picture next week, and TCU falls in their title game

Reactions: tn4elvis and vols40

Let me guess, your playoff field would be Georgia, LSU, Tennessee, and Alabama?

If anything, Tennessee already proved they couldn’t hang with Georgia. Saying Georgia would blow out team x is all conjecture but in the Vols case, we actually have real evidence.

Reactions: Raebo
If TCU wins next week and then wins the Big XII championship, they will be in the playoff regardless of how they won. We need a USC loss and a big loss by Michigan next week.

After how bad Michigan played today, I don’t think Michigan even has to lose big. If USC losses, we are in no matter what. That’s the biggest battle.

Let me guess, your playoff field would be Georgia, LSU, Tennessee, and Alabama?

If anything, Tennessee already proved they couldn’t hang with Georgia. Saying Georgia would blow out team x is all conjecture but in the Vols case, we actually have real evidence.

Uh no, but right now I would have Georgia, Ohio St, Tennessee and a 4th team of whoever if it actually went off resume

Sadly agree on both points. Hopefully Michigan is out of the picture next week, and TCU falls in their title game
TCU has Iowa state next week. After doing a quick google search Iowa state met not be a push over despite their record. They have lost a lot of really close one score games.

Reactions: joevol33
If you are in one of the P5 conferences, and the team goes undefeated...they are going to the playoffs.

Not going to matter how it looks on the learning box.

Too many decision makers / voters out west

Dave Aranda and Illinois coach Brett Belimia are the jokes for being conservative and giving them the ball back with all that time. In today’s college football you can’t do that and expect to survive, ask Alabama.
With the clock stopping on first downs in college football it makes no sense

Reactions: tennesseepride84
This is absurd. Tennessee at 11-1 is in the playoff.

Do you think if you keep telling everyone that it is just magically going to come true? An undefeated UGA, OSU, and TCU would be 1-3. Then if USC runs the table and wins the Pac 12 they will pass us. It will happen. And if UNC/Clemson run the table and win the ACC they IMO would pass us also because the committee will put a big emphasis on winning the conference championship if it comes down to deciding between a 1 loss UT team or a 1 loss Pac 12 or ACC winner that won their conference championship. As bad as TCU is there's still a chance they'll trip up and lose to Iowa State or in the Big 12 title game which would help but still not guarantee Tennessee a spot at the table.

I've been around long enough to know not to trust a decision that lies in the hands of people who are making a subjective call.

Do you think if you keep telling everyone that it is just magically going to come true? An undefeated UGA, OSU, and TCU would be 1-3. Then if USC runs the table and wins the Pac 12 they will pass us. It will happen. And if UNC/Clemson run the table and win the ACC they IMO would pass us also because the committee will put a big emphasis on winning the conference championship if it comes down to deciding between a 1 loss UT team or a 1 loss Pac 12 or ACC winner that won their conference championship. As bad as TCU is there's still a chance they'll trip up and lose to Iowa State or in the Big 12 title game which would help but still not guarantee Tennessee a spot at the table.

I've been around long enough to know not to trust a decision that lies in the hands of people who are making a subjective call.

USC running the table includes wins over 2-3 top 10-15 teams. That trio of wins doesn’t trump beating Bama and LSU….. if you think UCLA, Notre Dame, and Oregon or Utah are better collective wins than Bama/LSU, you are a clown.

Tennessee finishes 11-1, we are going to the playoff.

Clemson will not get in no matter what

I don’t think the ACC will get in. I agree about USC. Hoping UCLA takes them down tonight

Tuesday we will find out how big of a joke the CFB playoff committee is. Of course TCU winning is great for them however no person with a brain can watch TCU play and then Tennessee and think TCU is a better football team. Period
I heard the scarecrow is on the CFB committee.

Tennessee’s season is going to come down to either UCLA, Notre Dame, or Utah/Oregon beating USC.
Don’t think so. Don’t listen to the idiots on radio and tv. There are just as many people saying we’re in as long as we win out. If USC was undefeated, ok, but they also have 1 loss and don’t nearly have the resume we do

USC running the table includes wins over 2-3 top 10-15 teams. That trio of wins doesn’t trump beating Bama and LSU….. if you think UCLA, Notre Dame, and Oregon or Utah are better collective wins than Bama/LSU, you are a clown.

NOWHERE in any of my posts have I ever said that I THINK they deserve to be in over UT. I said that they will get in over UT in my opinion. Let's hope it doesn't come down to them needing to make that call. I can't 100% guarantee anything about the CFB playoff except they won't take 3 SEC teams. There's no way no matter what happens that will happen. The committee wouldn't let it. I'm a realist that pays attention to the national media and have been around the block a time or two. They will justify a way to include USC in the 4 team playoff over us if it comes down to it in my opinion. There's a 95% chance they'd get in over us. And I would give Clemson at 1 loss about a 60% chance to get in over us. A 1 loss UNC may be more like 50/50 but I wouldn't want that to be on the table either. Or a 1 loss OSU that gets beaten by a field goal by Michigan. You can't trust the committee to make a decision that would put UT in the playoff.

The best way around that is for TCU to trip up and lose one of their last two games AND either USC going down or Clemson/UNC to be the ACC Champ with 2 losses. And just hope that UGA doesn't lose to LSU in the SEC Championship. Because then you are depending on the committee to not jump LSU over UT because they beat UGA and won the SECCG. A lot of landmines to navigate. I'm glad you aren't concerned though and can be 100% sure they are in the CFB playoff if they go 11-1. Weren't you the one that was also sure that TCU wouldn't pass UT in the playoff rankings?

VN Store

Back