Well the Rosebowl scare is over now

I didn’t mean they was bad compared to hookers. I meant they are ******** because he has stayed in every game this year. I mean imagine hooker staying in for the whole game vs ut Martin, Akron,the lsu blow out, if he got to play in the vandy game, the Kentucky game, and I’m sure I’m leaving one off. The numbers would be similar or even hookers would be better. Stats are good, but sometime they lie or maybe exaggerate.
I seriously don't think Hooker makes up 15 tds and 1000 yards in those snaps. Also let's be real he could have very easily threw some picks or gotten hurt in those extra snaps.

Truthfully though there are only 2 reasons this is even a discussion. The South Carolina game and the South Carolina game. Up until that game Hooker was putting on a perfect Heisman campaign. One thing people overlook in the whole Heisman race is story. It always plays a huge factor. It's why Peyton lost. Desmond Howard was a better story. Prototypical NFL type perfect QB wins Heisman is hohum. Dual threat swiss army knife weapon at a position that rarely wins has pizzazz. It's the same reason some random defensive player ends up popping up on the conversation every few years.

Forgotten 73 year old 9th year senior transfer QB who got recruited over and is on pace of rewriting UT passing records in less than 2 years of starts and throws 5 tds against Bama to break a seemingly decades long streak of pain for a program and resurrect a sleeping giant of a fanbase? That's a story that pops. And honestly the story ain't over. He has an outside chance on taking it with that story still. I wouldn't put money on it but I'd bet you a 12 pack of whiteclaws.

I seriously don't think Hooker makes up 15 tds and 1000 yards in those snaps. Also let's be real he could have very easily threw some picks or gotten hurt in those extra snaps.

Truthfully though there are only 2 reasons this is even a discussion. The South Carolina game and the South Carolina game. Up until that game Hooker was putting on a perfect Heisman campaign. One thing people overlook in the whole Heisman race is story. It always plays a huge factor. It's why Peyton lost. Desmond Howard was a better story. Prototypical NFL type perfect QB wins Heisman is hohum. Dual threat swiss army knife weapon at a position that rarely wins has pizzazz. It's the same reason some random defensive player ends up popping up on the conversation every few years.

Forgotten 73 year old 9th year senior transfer QB who got recruited over and is on pace of rewriting UT passing records in less than 2 years of starts and throws 5 tds against Bama to break a seemingly decades long streak of pain for a program and resurrect a sleeping giant of a fanbase? That's a story that pops. And honestly the story ain't over. He has an outside chance on taking it with that story still. I wouldn't put money on it but I'd bet you a 12 pack of whiteclaws.
He’s not gonna win it. I’d believe Stetson, or Williams wins it before Hooker.

He’s not gonna win it. I’d believe Stetson, or Williams wins it before Hooker.
I want some of what you're smoking. Stetson Bennet isn't even in the conversation. There are 3 guys in the conversation to actually win. Williams, Stroud and Hooker. Bryce Young has a better chance than Stetson Bennet who has put up at best pedestrian numbers. With today's breakout game Stetson threw his 20th TD .. he's a game manager not a star.

The Heisman vote will come down to those 3 period bank on it. Heck Jaylin Hyatt has a better chance at the Heisman than Bennet lol.

I want some of what you're smoking. Stetson Bennet isn't even in the conversation. There are 3 guys in the conversation to actually win. Williams, Stroud and Hooker. Bryce Young has a better chance than Stetson Bennet who has put up at best pedestrian numbers. With today's breakout game Stetson threw his 20th TD .. he's a game manager not a star.

The Heisman vote will come down to those 3 period bank on it. Heck Jaylin Hyatt has a better chance at the Heisman than Bennet lol.
Bro.. that’s twice you’ve missed what I was meaning just to try and pick an argument what are you? A 15 year old girl? I meant, I would believe Stetson Bennet won the ****ing heisman before hooker does.

Bennett will get an invite…….however I don’t think he even deserves that.

Him and his 20 passing TD’s 6ints isn’t Heisman worthy………his team is why they are where they are.
I agree, theirs 5 other players on that team that could go to New York before him. I was just implying that I would believe Stetson Bennet winning the heisman before hooker because of all the bias that comes with the award.

Reactions: JoAllan
I agree, theirs 5 other players on that team that could go to New York before him. I was just implying that I would believe Stetson Bennet winning the heisman before hooker because of all the bias that comes with the award.

No doubt

I wouldn’t be shocked if he does win.

I was mainly stating my opinion that he doesn’t deserve to win.

Reactions: SonOfGodVolforlife
No doubt

I wouldn’t be shocked if he does win.

I was mainly stating my opinion that he doesn’t deserve to win.
Ahh I got you, yea no doubt. Stetson Bennet is just lucky to be on a team that can cover his ass. If you were to swap out Bennet for let’s say, hooker. Well hooker would be at Georgia breaking records while Bennet would be at Tennessee struggling to get to 8 wins.
In your honest opinion, who’s gonna win the heisman now? If I had to throw a name out there. And this is not who I want to win bc of course I want hooker to win.
It would be shroud or Williams that actually wins it.

Ahh I got you, yea no doubt. Stetson Bennet is just lucky to be on a team that can cover his ass. If you were to swap out Bennet for let’s say, hooker. Well hooker would be at Georgia breaking records while Bennet would be at Tennessee struggling to get to 8 wins.
In your honest opinion, who’s gonna win the heisman now? If I had to throw a name out there. And this is not who I want to win bc of course I want hooker to win.

Yea I’d have to say Williams

I mean almost 4500 yards 47 tds and 4 int’s at 66% (total) that’s some numbers

Had USC won he would be a shoe in.

Because of everything I really think had Hooker not gotten hurt he would have had a great shot. UNC QB had 3 bad games in a row, Stroud had 2 bad games in a row, Corum is out, Williams just lost……Hooker has numbers would have increased and is a feel good story.

Honestly until Friday I woulda said Williams had it locked up. Then they lost a game with really high stakes in front a national audience in primetime. Was Williams performance bad? He pretty much single handedly kept them in the game and gave them hope till fairly late. He put up actually good stats and outside of a pick and fumble he did his part. The problem is that fumble it was literally the nail in the coffin.

That brings us to Stroud. His last performance was a huge primetime loss to Michigan on a rivalry game no one thought they'd lose. His stats in the game weren't terrible but not good either.

For Hooker it gets interesting. The USCjr loss hangs heavy on his resume but. It wasn't a big game everyone was tuning in for. Hooker didn't put up bad numbers that game I mean we scored 38 he threw for 3 tds and no turnovers. No one blames that game on Hooker. Then 2 things happened that might actually help his case. First he gets hurt, which is terrible but in this case might actually help him as it makes his story more interesting. Then South Carolina turns around and shocks Clemson the next week. That sort of took some of the cloud off that loss.

So I can see a world where Hooker gets the votes to win. But I think the more realistic outcome is him and Stroud coming in 2nd and 3rd and Williams winning it. It might not seem like it to us but that whipping they got from Michigan will be seen as a bigger flub than us losing to South Carolina. Our bad secondary was a known flaw we dodged the bullet on all season. OSUs offense choked that game away to their biggest rival with all the marbles on the table. UT was all season the darling Cinderella story. And so is Hooker and Hyatt. The story lines are just so good I think they can steal some votes.

Even though espn and alot hate us
If hooker was healthy even with two losses I think he'd walk away with that trophy then again 97 happened.. Nm

VN Store

Back