Welp-Banks cut by TB

I once heard Tony Dungy speak at Berry College. He was asked how in all of his years of coaching he never really had to deal with a lot of locker room junk or off the field issues. He replied like this, “we look for the same physical abilities and talents every team seeks. However, at the far right side of the spreadsheet is a column titled DNDBC. That stands for Do Not Draft Because of Character! We simply don’t bring guys into our organization that we cannot coach and will not fit into our culture. We may miss out on some great talent, but we can spend our time coaching really good guys that desire to be great. We don’t have to invest resources into people that cause problems. “

I thought that was very profound statement. Just give me a bunch of good guys willing to work and we will be great. Look at his career coaching. He never really had a bunch of super, Uber talented guys except maybe that Manning kid. He also never had a whole lot of controversy to deal with either. Dungy was a good coach and is a great man of strong faith.

Welp, what will be Banks' most remembered legacy? 95% of Vol fans will tell you South Carolina Week; and his previous encounter with UT Police. The guy is Infamous.
Honestly, when I think of south carolina week, I think first of Rattler having the breakout game of his career against our sieve of a secondary, and Hendon Hooker having to play catch up all game long and then tearing his ACL. In my mind, Banks not making that trip is a blip on the radar and I highly doubt he would've been THAT disruptive to be a game-changer that it sticks in my mind nearly 10 months later. Would he have had an impact? Sure, I just don't think of his absence at all any more when I think of that game. That's not what stings, that's not what sticks in my mind. JMO.

Honestly, when I think of south carolina week, I think first of Rattler having the breakout game of his career against our sieve of a secondary, and Hendon Hooker having to play catch up all game long and then tearing his ACL. In my mind, Banks not making that trip is a blip on the radar and I highly doubt he would've been THAT disruptive to be a game-changer that it sticks in my mind nearly 10 months later. Would he have had an impact? Sure, I just don't think of his absence at all any more when I think of that game. That's not what stings, that's not what sticks in my mind. JMO.

It was not just Bank's absence, it was his locker room antics that produced a week of disruption instead of preparation. And he was the leading tackler......

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
I once heard Tony Dungy speak at Berry College. He was asked how in all of his years of coaching he never really had to deal with a lot of locker room junk or off the field issues. He replied like this, “we look for the same physical abilities and talents every team seeks. However, at the far right side of the spreadsheet is a column titled DNDBC. That stands for Do Not Draft Because of Character! We simply don’t bring guys into our organization that we cannot coach and will not fit into our culture. We may miss out on some great talent, but we can spend our time coaching really good guys that desire to be great. We don’t have to invest resources into people that cause problems. “

I thought that was very profound statement. Just give me a bunch of good guys willing to work and we will be great. Look at his career coaching. He never really had a bunch of super, Uber talented guys except maybe that Manning kid. He also never had a whole lot of controversy to deal with either. Dungy was a good coach and is a great man of strong faith.

That liquored up kicker was always an idiot for the colts

Reactions: ENGRVOL
It was not just Bank's absence, it was his locker room antics that produced a week of disruption instead of preparation. And he was the leading tackler......
That's fine, I"m not saying he wasn't a factor. Just that in MY mind, Banks's absence was and still is not the thing I think about from that game, and in the context of the article that he was cut from TB, that game specifically has zero reason to be mentioned. If the author wants to mention UT, then he should've said something like "Banks played at the University of Tennessee where in his career, he accured "X" tackles, INTs, sacks, etc." and then be done with it.

Pegging one game as connected to Banks being cut from the pros is ridiculous.

Reactions: MemphisVol77
I can't think about the SC game without thinking about how different the team looked compared with how they looked the rest of the season. And I can't think about why that might be without thinking about the drama that led up to that game and Banks being made unavailable. I can't separate the two things in my mind.

I can't think about the SC game without thinking about how different the team looked compared with how they looked the rest of the season. And I can't think about why that might be without thinking about the drama that led up to that game and Banks being made unavailable. I can't separate the two things in my mind.
It really is a crazy blip on an otherwise incredible season. We obviously can play without JB as we did fine in the Orange Bowl without him. Its just so odd that a team had such a monumental let down at the worst possible time. How does a fight or whatever happened have that much of an effect on a whole team???

That's fine, I"m not saying he wasn't a factor. Just that in MY mind, Banks's absence was and still is not the thing I think about from that game, and in the context of the article that he was cut from TB, that game specifically has zero reason to be mentioned. If the author wants to mention UT, then he should've said something like "Banks played at the University of Tennessee where in his career, he accured "X" tackles, INTs, sacks, etc." and then be done with it.

Pegging one game as connected to Banks being cut from the pros is ridiculous.

"Accured" ? Wow I didn't read all the article, but you would think the guy would have spellcheck?

The entire story was not released to keep the appearance of a "business" decision on the part of Tampa Bay. Many evaluations of players use coachability and attitude as the final deciding factor when players have similar abilities. What some players do not realize is their past follows wherever they go and past behavior is not looked upon lightly by many coaches and general managers. Jeremy may not have received some good advice or he's not taking the advice because his attitude may be his downfall in the pros. Coaches do not put up with problems and the competition for a playing spot is much higher with players seriously looking for a larger income and a financial future.

"Accured" ? Wow I didn't read all the article, but you would think the guy would have spellcheck?
Sorry, I misspelled accrued 😂 Was at work and typing fast. That was my “quote”, and just an example of what I think the guy should have said, instead of what he actually did say.

Reactions: Behr
This. I especially don't really get the people saying he was cut because of an attitude problem or discipline problem. He was cut because he was undrafted and not needed on the team. Hopefully another team that needs a LB picks him up. Weird how now that Jennings found success in San Fran don't really see a lot of people bring up his past - it's all positivity. Hopefully Banks can find the same success so the "thug life" clowns stfu about him too.
no chance. The problem is he could never make the past his past. Something every year. #keepitrealgangster

Watched a replay of last seasons AL game and Banks disrupted their offense all game. AL offense line struggled to block him on blitzes. He was beast in that game. Just saying the guy can play MLB so that is not the issue.

So you're just making stuff up, got it.

Like I said, take it any way you want. It means absolutely nothing to me. I don't have a need to prove anything to you because your approval has no value. Research it yourself as I used to tell students. That's what resources are for. Don't expect to be spoon-fed like a helpless baby. Good luck.

This.

They signed him as insurance to fill out the LB room if Devin White, who had requested a trade, held out. D. White is reporting, so they're letting J. Banks go with plenty of time to get a shot with another team.

I'll be surprised if another team doesn't bring him to camp.

He could be a good ST player

Panthers waived Tiyon Evans yesterday; Broncos waived Jarrett Guarantano Tuesday

VN Store

Back