What an arrogant...

I've watched every press conf. of the Butch Jones Era... This is the first time I've made a neg post... But thanks for playing. Better luck next time!

So not only can he not coach but he is a d*%k about it!! So much for the nice human being. All I keep hearing in Texas is everyone loves Charlie Strong even though he is losing and they want him to have what he needs. This jerk can go you know what!!! No coach, we understand a checklist, we have them at our jobs. Quit overtalking everybody.

Reactions: 3 people
Quote from the Monday press conf.

"You find out who's with you and who's against you... You write it down and put it in your back pocket. To reference later...."

Is this freakin guy serious!!!!!!!!!

With all due respect, that is not the context in which Butch said those words.

I heard him say , in a paraphrased manner, that he told the team that football is like life, and this is a tough time which they need to own and fix, and you find out who is with you and who isn't during tough times. And that at some point in life, you'll refer to this time, maybe later this season, maybe 10 years from now. So he wasn't talking specifically about remembering who is with you or against you, rather how you get through adverse times.

TIFWIW

Reactions: 37 people
well if he had a QB that could throw the ball...just sayin

He does have an arm, the only problem is every ball is the same--Line drive rifle shots, be it fly patterns, seam routes, screens, deep outs, etc. He is consistent in that manner. Problem is deep outs, fly patterns, posts, etc. sometimes require a little finesse and not a rifle shot that is undoubtedly off-target.

What's the context. Because I could interpret that to mean you don't listen to the negative stuff during the heat of battle, but save it when you have time to reflect. But if you don't like the guy any more, then you could assume he is writing a revenge list.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68sRqrZZ6wQ[/youtube]

Reactions: 2 people
Is this the first time you started a thread or posted negative!!! Come on, we're both not stupid.

And to quote you "thanks for playing"

First thread... I guess I have made a couple negative posts in the last couple weeks, because at the end of the day it's about getting it done.... And Butch aint getting it done "thanks for playing"

Reactions: 4 people
He keeps with the bs coach talk with big words to make it sound so good. Dude, we're about to be 2-5 and we should really be no worse than 5-2.

He is losing the fans and now we will support the student athletes but no way will we back this jerk!!!! As soon as uga comes in and opens a can I want to see what he has to say then. Jerk!!!! He basically cut off that female reporter with a smart response.

Quit crying like he took your girlfriend. Go pout somewhere else.

Reactions: 8 people
With all due respect, that is not the context in which Butch said those words.

I heard him say , in a paraphrased manner, that he told the team that football is like life, and this is a tough time which they need to own and fix, and you find out who is with you and who isn't during tough times. And that at some point in life, you'll refer to this time, maybe later this season, maybe 10 years from now. So he wasn't talking specifically about remembering who is with you or against you, rather how you get through adverse times.

TIFWIW

Your context doesn't fuel their anger. They are only blind/angry because they chose that path. They make things out of nothing

Reactions: 5 people
Humility should be the order of the day for a coach in his position. I hope he can find it in him somewhere, or it will get bad in a hurry. Fans want to be behind him, but stubbornness and defiant arrogance will chum the waters.

Reactions: 12 people
I'm really not seeing the issue with his statement. Doesn't everyone do this in their own way? I know I've definitely kept a mental list at times

Reactions: 15 people
Quote from the Monday press conf.

"You find out who's with you and who's against you... You write it down and put it in your back pocket. To reference later...."

Is this freakin guy serious!!!!!!!!!

If this team ends up going 8-4 with a bowl win, then we have a lot of people on this thread we can repost this quote for. It's not arrogance, it's confidence. Butch believes in himself. Would you rather have him telling everyone that we're going to lose every game?

It doesn't matter if the fans believe. He's trying to keep the team believing. If the team believes, then we have a chance. When they stop believing is when it gets much, much worse.

Oh Butch.

5ab284672721ea7da95af70306ba1c88.gif

Reactions: 10 people
I'm really not seeing the issue with his statement. Doesn't everyone do this in their own way? I know I've definitely kept a mental list at times

People are going to criticize every single thing he does and says now that they don't like him. Had he said this in his first year, everybody would have been telling the negas to screw off that Butch doesn't need them.

Reactions: 3 people
i like it, good for him show some damn fire. Lol you people getting butt hurt over this, i would say the same thing

VN Store

Back