What an arrogant...

His face got red when he was asked about meeting with the high school team where the player was killed. You really should be ashamed.

Come on now. Having just watched it again, Butch first of all acknowledged the person who asked the question, thanking him for asking about it. Second, Butch went on to say he was appreciative of the time he spent with that team and family and how it caused him to see things in proper perspective followed by thanking the reporter again. Hey, I sound like a Butch apologist and I'm not. But this stuff is beyond ridiculous. He seemed sincere, determined, and actually very polite.

Reactions: 1 person
That's such a cop-out. Eventually these players need to make plays if they're going to compete at this level. They need to own that yet people hesitate to force that on them. Why?

If it were not for the "obvious" coaching blunders carried out right before our very own eyes I might agree with you. Trust me......its coaching.

Reactions: 3 people
So our 4 and 5 stars are just the ones who can't make plays.

Meanwhile all the 4 and 5 stars at every other SEC school are getting better and making plays?

Explain it to me please...

Jalen Hurd is making plays every Saturday. Some enjoy just getting there and some can look further down the road

If it were not for the "obvious" coaching blunders carried out right before our very own eyes I might agree with you. Trust me......its coaching.

Yet you ignore the obvious player blunders right in front of your eyes. Every one of them has a hand in this fiasco

Here's to hoping Butch and the team are fixing to go all "Conzo" on us. Take on an us against the world mentality and start winning out of spite. If that's what it takes, I'm all for it. If they need motivation, all they have to do is read VN.

Jalen Hurd is making plays every Saturday. Some enjoy just getting there and some can look further down the road

I think CRG is one of the bright spots on this staff. What about the WR's ... What about the LB's ... What about the Oline?

im with jones until those paid to say otherwise, arent. im not going to look for problems,, like some may. i thinking you guys are reaching a bit.

he has the potential to have a really good team. he just needs to relax and have fun. unbutton the top button (metaphorically, and no homo) brah. i really want to see him excel.

please stop looking for silly quotes to start a movement against him. its bad enough our team is playing badly

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
It was in a different context than it was laid out here to be....im not defending his coaching, that will take care of itself one way or the other, but id sure like to see how some of you react if once a week, your boss brought you in and told you to sit and allowed 30 reporters to begin questioning you performance over the past week. You already know how these things go, and its the same if your in Athens or Tuscaloosa or Knoxville, your gonna get pretty much the same responses from the coach.

For 3 million dollars 30 reporters can throw mud pies at me every Monday

Reactions: 5 people

The problem here is he never truly owns the blame. Sure, he said both things but he can never pass up blaming players, be it youth, fundamentals or execution. You never get the impression he truly believes coaching is at fault because he always finds a way to lay responsibility on the players.

The players have to execute, certainly, but most of our issues are clearly with coaching. Yet Butch never gives the impression there is much wrong with coaching. Whenever he mentions the staff it almost seems like a necessary add-on, not something he truly believes.

Reactions: 6 people
If the Vols don't improve quickly, Jones had better get some bigger pants to hold those notes of whose is with you and who's not.......he will need them very shortly

There have been coaching blunders. Undeniable. And also undeniably contributed to UT losing against Oklahoma and Florida. Things like clock management, timeout management, declining opponents penalties, play calling on both sides of the ball.

However, it's also true that the same coaching put our players in position to succeed. To make a tackle, stop a 4th down conversion, complete a pass, don't allow a sack, make a field goal, catch a pass. Plays haven't been made to close the deal. Not lacking talent, but lacking experience. And yeah the Florida red shirt frosh QB who made all those 4th down plays is young also. But give him credit, the kid made plays. Several beyond incredible efforts by our D and quite frankly beyond belief.

So factually speaking, throwing all those ingredients together, we're but a few plays, a few points, a few decisions away from being 5-0 and top 10. Being where we are, while very frustrating and blatantly painful, we're in as good a position to beat Georgia and Bama as we've been in for a very long time. After all, who knew Florida had a top 10 team or Oklahoma, they're both damn good teams. Tennessee is also. I believe that.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
Come on now. Having just watched it again, Butch first of all acknowledged the person who asked the question, thanking him for asking about it. Second, Butch went on to say he was appreciative of the time he spent with that team and family and how it caused him to see things in proper perspective followed by thanking the reporter again. Hey, I sound like a Butch apologist and I'm not. But this stuff is beyond ridiculous. He seemed sincere, determined, and actually very polite.

How much do you this this matters in this thread? It's a VN feeding frenzy. Only blood will placate the mob!

:popcorn:

Someone in the AD source Butch a few pairs of these in orange:

ipad09.jpg

He is going to need them.

Reactions: 4 people
Quote from the Monday press conf.

"You find out who's with you and who's against you... You write it down and put it in your back pocket. To reference later...."

Is this freakin guy serious!!!!!!!!!

I surely hope so. There is no excuse for the negative statements being by the childless posters on this board.

In addition the press media has shown that they are out to make headlines rather than report. Many of the media-talk show weirdos who were predicting 8-4, 9-3, and 10-2 records this year are now the ones who are blasting the coaches and the team. It seems like they are blaming the coaches for their lack of foresight on the strengths and weaknesses of team 119. Many of us comment during the preseason that there were too many holes which needed to filed and the like of quality depth on the team In addition, many of us stated it was foley to expect true freshmen to come in and be the savior of the team. We also pointed out that Dobbs' history was he was very inaccurate with his passes and could not throw the long ball. As I have state before, the Knoxville and surrounding media are are the worst I have seen in my 77 years of life. They have dual to bash the team and the coaches because hey are stupid hypocrites. I surely would not buy a used car from any of them.

Actually if he said it's all my fault and I'll fix it immediately beginning next week, I'd be totally happy with that and find no fault in it.

He owned up to the last two close games but that didn't make anyone happy.

Then why do you listen? Im serious. Im fascinated by someone who has such a visceral reaction to another person but chooses to tune in to that person's conferences.

What makes you think I listened? I quit listening to his conferences after his first year. If I wanted to see a chubby guy get red faced and apoplectic, I'd watch the fat kid on Stand By Me.

He's taking down names and putting them in his pocket because after he's let go from his current position, he's starting a boy band "Butch Audacity and the Orange Glass Kids". And only those that see things the way he does get to audition.

VN Store

Back