What can we expect from LSU and what does it take to win this game?

Boutte is a basket case. I don't think he cares for Kelly and his offense.

They have other good WRs than Boutte. Boutte hasnt shown much so far. Plus, it would be just like him to play like a wild man vs Tennessee.

I watched LSU control both sides of the line of scrimmage in their win over Mississippi State, a team I consider to be good. I would even say UT and Miss State are similar, except that MS has a better defense.

UT can win the LSU game, but they can't make mistakes and they have to be physical on the line. I hope the Vols win, but to be quite honest, I am not all that confident they will.

That said, UT has found a way to win every game so far and LSU has not. So I can't really pick against the Vols in this one.

Go Big Orange!
Mississippi state is no where “similar” to Tennessee 😂😂😂

Toughest game of the year to date. Very athletic team that will compete. Just hope they stick with their DBU moniker and try to play man to man vs Heupel's offense.

Reactions: stewart6600
LSU offense is not great. They only had 10 points against Mississippi state going into the 4th. Miss state fumbled a punt inside the 10 yard line, which set up an easy score for them. They controlled the game after that to their credit, mainly by running the ball. They were worse against FSU. They only had less than 350 total yards in that one. Without one of the dumbest fumbles ever on the 1 yard line, that game was dominated by FSU.

Both of these are to say, we have to take care of the ball. Our defense could have some success against them, but we can't give them any momentum by turning the ball over and help them out by giving them good field position.

They have a good defense. Hard to know how good though. They've had 2 good showings back to back. I'll be interested to see how they play against auburn, whose offense is awful.

Reactions: Volfan574
I think this will be an extremely difficult game but I actually like the noon, on the road kickoff time.

They are unranked while we are a top 10 team. Conventional wisdom says we should be much better than them. Plus, they are disappointed to have to play an 11 AM game. I think that really works to Tennessee’s advantage as it is all business for us. I really believe Tennessee absolutely shreds their defense and their offense will be unable to keep pace. Vols 45 LSU 17

Reactions: tbones0711
LSU is a good football team that should have beaten FSU in a game they would likely win today. It takes time to learn a system, settle in and early games like that can go either way with two teams that are relatively close. We will know who they are after the Auburn game. They blow them out we are in for a dogfight. If it is a close game we and we play well we should come out on Rock Top.

Vegas has us at a 5.5 point favorite. At home we would likely be a TD favorite. This will be a very close game if both teams play to their potential.

Vol fans if you only watch one game this Saturday watch LSU Auburn. Our coaches and players will be for sure. KNOW YOUR ENEMY!

Last edited:
I haven't seen many games with LSU this year and was wondering how we stack up against them. Will it be an uphill battle for us?
I watched the LSU vs Miss St game and the Tennessee vs Florida game highlights back to back and I felt like the speed and aggressiveness of all 4 teams was pretty even. Our pass defense and quality of passing game were the clear differences IMO. Albeit I may give our OL push on short yardage plays the edge. It's going to be fast, physical, they are going to bring pressure, buf if our DBs play even half as bad as they did, and the rest of our team plays their A game, we may come out with a dub. I do think we are going to have to run some shorter routes, use Hyatt, TEs and RBs in passing game more, because Hooker will not have all day to throw. I hate to say we will have to rely on our QBs legs but a big play or two with Hooker's lega would certainly help.

I think this should be tougher than Pitt or Florida. LSU is a decent to good team (with talent) but mostly because of the environment.

However if Tennessee puts it together, don’t shoot them selves in the foot like the Pitt game and close out unlike the Florida game……this could show easier on the score board.

Tennessee can’t afford mistakes……especially late.

For LSU to win they have to play a really good game and they will need Tennessee to play a Pitt game……even with their home advantage (in my opinion).

I’m hopeful Tennessee has grown enough and has shook off enough of the rust and bad mojo to take this one without too much drama. They simply need to play a relatively clean game.

Reactions: Stephen Gray
I think this should be tougher than Pitt or Florida. LSU is a decent to good team (with talent) but mostly because of the environment.

However if Tennessee puts it together, don’t shoot them selves in the foot like the Pitt game and close out unlike the Florida game……this could show easier on the score board.

Tennessee can’t afford mistakes……especially late.

For LSU to win they have to play a really good game and they will need Tennessee to play a Pitt game……even with their home advantage (in my opinion).

I’m hopeful Tennessee has grown enough and has shook off enough of the rust and bad mojo to take this one without too much drama. They simply need to play a relatively clean game.

Kickoff being at 11 in Baton Rouge will help a lot with the home field advantage.

Here’s to Auburn playing ground and pound all game and wearing the LSU defense out. I hope they punch LSU in the mouth. Don’t care who wins, just as long as it’s a super hot humid day and a slugfest. Meanwhile, we have a bye week. Go Vols!!

LSU will be very excited to win a game vs a higher ranked, top 10 team. Vols will have to play their best game yet to win.

Thank you, Debbie Downer.
It's going to take more wins over legit teams for me to start becoming a homer again. I've been letdown too many times and this secondary is really bad. Just make sure you don't start blaming the coaching staff and wanting everyone fired if Tennessee loses this game or "only" wins 9 games this year.

Reactions: kcvols1

VN Store

Back