What does Tyndall need to say at the presser?

I want to hear his message board plan....how he'll use the collective wisdom of this place to win championships.

OTOH, if Tyndall professes not to pay attention to message boards....well, that would be bad, wouldn't it..

My sources tells me CDT is reading a few threads on VN to be sure he nails the presser.

Fyi, I have no sources.

I guess I fall into that group. I'll always support the new guy till he proves he can't get it done. Most on here know I was the poster boy for "Fire Dooley Now" for about 12 months before he was finally canned. I guess I just don't see the point in crying about a hire once it's made. Either support the guy and the programs or find another university to root for.

I was the guy who said Dooley wasn't going to work from the beginning. Wish we had more of those.

It's fine to get behind the guy, but when you attack others who use logic to look critically at a hire and note his faults and realistically evaluate the chances it works out, then you are part of the problem. (see - the threads right after Dooley was hired where most of volnation attacked anyone with an accurate evaluation of the hire).

Also, when you get on board so much and abandon all your critical faculties to the degree that you're cheering on the AD as they award the coach a huge extension and buyout after one mediocre season (see - Dooley, again) then you are also part of the problem.

All of that is to say that happy sheep don't make better fans than those who use logic and evaluate accordingly.

I don't know if it has anything to do with Tyndall, because I honestly don't know enough about him at this moment to say whether I like this hire or not. Will have to do some research.

Last edited:
I want him to say that he wants to be here. That this is a destination job for him. His dream job. I want him to say he will bring an exciting brand of basketball to UT. I want him to say we will win big and often. I want him to say that he IGNORES VolNation. That's all I want. Too much?:rock:

I'd say; "if anyone starts a petition to run me outta here halfway through year 3, I'll save you the trouble and leave now. Give me your time, give me your patience, I'll build a winner."

So, basically, "If I underachieve greatly, please don't criticize me, especially don't compare me to a legendary coach from your school. Or I may get my feelings hurt and go somewhere else."

So, Cuonzo 2.0

Reactions: 3 people
So, basically, "If I underachieve greatly, please don't criticize me, especially don't compare me to a legendary coach from your school. Or I may get my feelings hurt and go somewhere else."

So, Cuonzo 2.0

I love Bruce...but "Legendary" is not a term I would use for a guy who got us to one Elite 8, and got us the #1 ranking for two whole days before we lost it.

Great coach, but "legendary" is a class that only a few deserve to be in.

Reactions: 5 people
"I can assure you we will put together the best football, er, I mean basketball staff in the country, not just the Southeastern Conference but the entire country.''

I want him to say that he wants to be here. That this is a destination job for him. His dream job. I want him to say he will bring an exciting brand of basketball to UT. I want him to say we will win big and often. I want him to say that he IGNORES VolNation. That's all I want. Too much?:rock:

Freak is not going to be happy about this one.

Reactions: 1 person
I'd like to thank Cuonzo Martin for making me a millionaire.

Orange 151 is my favorite color.

I hate Kentucky. I hate Alabama.

I'm a recruiting machine.

I will give my all for Tennessee today and everyday.

I'd like for us all to close this meeting by doing the Harlem Shake.

I'd like to thank Cuonzo Martin for making me a millionaire.

*Orange 151 is my favorite color.

I hate Kentucky. I hate Alabama.

I'm a recruiting machine.

I will give my all for Tennessee today and everyday.

I'd like for us all to close this meeting by doing the Harlem Shake.

*Pantone

What I would honestly like to hear him say is, "I'm getting paid millions, so I am taking the responsibility. You won't hear me making excuses, blaming the last guy, blaming the fans, blaming the players, etc. It's all on me."

"We want to continue being top 10 in attendance in the nation, and I won't ask those fans to just be patient and show up to watch a loser year after year. I promise you will see improvement in every single game until we give you a top 10 team to match your faithful attendance."

...but of course, he'll never say that.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Here's something he said at his presser for USM:

"My mom and dad, my girlfriend Nikki, and I have two little girls back home."

Should he address his previous NCAA infractions? Will an uptempo offense and pressing defense be enough?

If he paints his chest, will anyone pay attention?

No, he shouldn't say anything about past NCAA infractions at the presser....not sure you're being serious with the question.

He needs to say he's happy as hell to be here, this is the style we're gonna play, we're gonna recruit like crazy and we're gonna win and make Tennessee fans proud of the basketball team. Then he needs to work his arse off and be visible everywhere promoting the program and recruiting like hell.

"I will not, under any circumstances, allow my staff or any player or recruit.......to visit the racist site known as Volnation!!!"

VN Store

Back