What happens if we fall behind quick?

VolforFootball

I like pizza
Regardless of how it happens, what adjustments at QB will be made if we fall behind quick to UF, say 10-0 or 14-0. Will JG be replaced, or will the coaches stick with the guy since it’s Florida and not Chattanooga? If they do decide to go with a different QB in such a situation, do you think it would be Shrout or Mauer?

I think the coaching staff has made it pretty clear that barring injury or a complete blowout, JG will be behind center.

“He deserves to be our quarterback, he has outplayed everybody.” - Pruitt

I want Florida to have one of those days where they, instead of us for a change, give the game away. Other than that, I find it hard to think we win in the swamp.

I think the coaching staff has made it pretty clear that barring injury or a complete blowout, JG will be behind center.

“He deserves to be our quarterback, he has outplayed everybody.” - Pruitt

From what I saw Saturday he is the best they have right now.

Depends on how we got down 14-0. If it was because JG threw ints from locking into receivers, throwing into dbl coverage and/or not seeing the field, we stick with him until we’re down 35-0 at halftime. Pruitts halftime interview goes something like this: “Our backups suck. They gotta learn to stop throwing it to the other team.”

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Would be worst case scenario.

Get down early, what little air there is in our balloon seeps out, we lay down, and the floodgates open.

Pray for some early success and good fortune.

This is what bothers me the most about our teams over the past 7-8 years. No fight and no heart. I heard Herbie talking about Ohio St today on the 3HL. He said they play angry. Just constantly mad and out to prove something. Gosh Id love for our guys to play angry for one freakin game. Just played pissed off in the Swamp rather then get pissed ON in the swamp.

Depends on how we got down 14-0. If it was because JG threw ints from locking into receivers, throwing into dbl coverage and/or not seeing the field, we stick with him until we’re down 35-0 at halftime. Pruitts halftime interview goes something like this: “Our backups suck. They gotta learn to stop throwing it to the other team.”
That is the most likely thing to happen. Wish the reporter would ask but coach didn't you recruit the back-ups and sign them to a scholarship ?

Reactions: Seattle Hillbilly
My take is this.....after losing to Georgia Frikin State and The Mormon Tabernacle Choir.....what the **** do we have to lose?
Open the play book....run fake punts......fake field goals.....go for it on every 4th down regardless of field position.....on-side kick it..........blitz that Pasty White Florida QB every down.....throw the freakin kitchen sink at those slimy reptiles. And for God's Sake....if we take a lead into the 4th qtr keep pouring it on....don't go conservative. Beat those ba*****ds by 50 points if we can. That's just my opinion....I welcome yours! GO VOLS!!!

This is what bothers me the most about our teams over the past 7-8 years. No fight and no heart. I heard Herbie talking about Ohio St today on the 3HL. He said they play angry. Just constantly mad and out to prove something. Gosh Id love for our guys to play angry for one freakin game. Just played pissed off in the Swamp rather then get pissed ON in the swamp.

2001 in the Swamp was memorable in that regard. Pissed about being 17 pts dogs.
Chief had the defense lathered up, and still gave up 32 pts.

Great memory

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
My take is this.....after losing to Georgia Frikin State and The Mormon Tabernacle Choir.....what the **** do we have to lose?
Open the play book....run fake punts......fake field goals.....go for it on every 4th down regardless of field position.....on-side kick it..........blitz that Pasty White Florida QB every down.....throw the freakin kitchen sink at those slimy reptiles. And for God's Sake....if we take a lead into the 4th qtr keep pouring it on....don't go conservative. Beat those ba*****ds by 50 points if we can. That's just my opinion....I welcome yours! GO VOLS!!!

Didn’t we do that last year? LOL

VN Store

Back