What has happened to Jauan Jennings

lawvol73

I have been waiting for Jauan to have a breakout game... become a leader on this team. Jauan looks like a man among boys out there, and we have seen him ignite previous team.

What happened since his return from injury?

Last edited:
Reactions: dduncan4163
I have been waiting for Juan to have a breakout game... become a leader on this team. Juan looks like a man among boys out there, and we have seen him ignite previous teams.

JAUAN is still working to be 100%. He has steadily been more involved. Think the back half of the season he will start showing his skills again.

I have been waiting for Jauan to have a breakout game... become a leader on this team. Jauan looks like a man among boys out there, and we have seen him ignite previous team.

We just aren't throwing it that much. Auburn has completed just about as many throws as we've attempted this year. He's averaging over 11 ypc, which is a few yards shy of his 2016 average, but I think any decline from JJ is just a function of our entire offense at this point. When he last really played in 2016, defenses were often broken down because they had to respect the running ability of Dobbs, and there were so many weapons to contain (Malone, Kamara, etc) that JJ often had more room to run after the catch. Now it feels like as soon as he catches it he's immediately hit.

It sounds bad, but I think most of Butch's upperclassmen (guys recruited by Butch who are juniors and seniors) are just kind of burnt out at this point. Disillusioned and don't really care as much as they used to.

JJ has been fighting through injuries and hasn’t got up to full speed yet.

Not to mention the ball rarely gets thrown his way because the O-Line doesn’t give the QB time to do so.

Reactions: posivol
We all know the OL is the root of our problems, but I think we could do better at throwing quick passes to guys like Callaway and Jennings. They are our play makers and make things happen out of nothing. For example, the little dump off to Chandler that went for a big TD. I think by doing that you’d at least make the opposing defense back off a little bit, it’s hard to get the run established when teams pack the box.

I dunno but if you go back and watch the games he is usually open. He always catches the ball and gets extra yardage. He is just not being targeted.

It sounds bad, but I think most of Butch's upperclassmen (guys recruited by Butch who are juniors and seniors) are just kind of burnt out at this point. Disillusioned and don't really care as much as they used to.

lol saying this about JJ is ridiculous he is the only receiver who actually “fights” for yards after catch.

He's blocking like a brute so I don't think it is health any more. Guarantano seems to default to Callaway. IMO, he'd be better off throwing to Jennings when he's in trouble. No knock on Callaway but if I'm throwing a ball that a receiver might have to fight for... Jennings is the guy I want.

Josh Palmer flourished into a legit wideout, that’s what happened. Palmer has stepped up and is getting more touches game after game. There’s only so many touches to go around when you add in Calloway, Johnson, wood Anderson, to go on top of JJ. He’s blocking like a mad man though so he’s gonna be out there regardless of how many times he’s targeted.

VN Store

Back