What Heup said about the refs...

TNHopeful505

Oh my goodness. In his presser, Austin Price asked:

"Coach, it felt like your guys were forced to play 2 hand touch while they were playing Mortal Kombat. Did you feel like the officiating was a bit one sided?"

LONG period of silence and biting his tongue..

Heupel: "was that enough silence for you? Next question."

He knows. They all know.

We deserved a fair game after that first half. I have noticed that the home team usually gets the calls. #Hold officials accountable.

The game wasn't officiated fairly in the 1st half, but we just overcame it. They ratcheted it up in the 2nd half with blind man syndrome.

Officiating was a joke...but heupels decision to go for it on 4th down at the 50 in the 3rd quarter was not a good decision. Regardless something needs to be looked at with the way these refs can control a game. Only one penalty against them is just flat out ridiculous
Especially when the gumps hold on every offensive play they run..

When we talk about that one penalty Alabama got it is important to know it wasn't an interpretation by the officials. They had no choice.

Actually that was an interpretation. That was a valid snap by the center when the QB wasn’t looking. The play should have been allowed to continue, giving the Vols a chance to recover the ball or to tackle Milroy for a loss. The official ruling that as a snap infraction was just another in a long line of bad or blown calls. Sure, it cost them 5 yards, but there was no loss of down and they were allowed to reset from a bad play.

I hate to be "that guy" but the officiating was horrible in Tuscaloosa yesterday. Having said that, the worst call yesterday that I saw, due to its game impact, was the callback of a punt return TD in the Iowa game due to an "invalid fair catch". I also heard that Washington benefitted hugely from a no call PI in their game

Reactions: 87&91ALUM
There was an egregious, obvious hold on 4th down in the redzone late in the game when we were trying to cut the lead to 7.

Who knows what happens with a fresh set of downs inside the 10...

Actually that was an interpretation. That was a valid snap by the center when the QB wasn’t looking. The play should have been allowed to continue, giving the Vols a chance to recover the ball or to tackle Milroy for a loss. The official ruling that as a snap infraction was just another in a long line of bad or blown calls. Sure, it cost them 5 yards, but there was no loss of down and they were allowed to reset from a bad play.
Exactly. There was no reason shown to blow that play dead except Bama. Their only penalty ended up helping them

Heup needs to worry about the coaching decisions during that second half. And I use the term coaching loosely.

VN Store

Back