What if: What one player if they stayed could have made the biggest impact this year?

WhenUrVolUrVFL

This is def an interesting thing to ponder.

We've had a TON of talent come and go.

We've had guys leave to the NBA early that could have been on this team. Guys X'fd.

Who could have been the biggest impact?

Uros Plavsic?
Brandon Huntley Hatfield?
Olivier Nkamhuoa?
Kennedy Chandler?
Keon Johnson?
Jaden Springer?
DJ Burns?

We've had guys leave to the NBA early that could have been on this team. Guys X'fd.

Uros Plavsic?
Olivier Nkamhuoa?
Kennedy Chandler?
Keon Johnson?
Jaden Springer?
DJ Burns?

Uros because he could have knocked Edey out for the season

Uros Plavsic?
Olivier Nkamhuoa?
Kennedy Chandler?
Keon Johnson?
Jaden Springer?
DJ Burns?
I say KC because he wouldā€™ve provided the scoring punch we needed to go with DK. I love ZZ but we needed someone to be a #2 scorer and we didnā€™t have one consistently. I do think Gainey will be a pleasant surprise next year. Heā€™s a scorer, just not at the DK level and not consistently this past year.

Kennedy Chandler. Would have taken some of the load off of ZZ. Wouldn't have had to play all 40 every game.You could tell he ran out of gas vs Purdue.

Reactions: feathersax

Uros Plavsic?
Olivier Nkamhuoa?
Kennedy Chandler?
Keon Johnson?
Jaden Springer?
DJ Burns?
one of the 3 5 star one and done guards. Any of those three and we donā€™t just beat Purdue. We straight handle them. Theyā€™re likely taking Santiā€™s minutes, and santi wasnā€™t at 100%. All three good defenders like santi, but probably chipping in 15 points on top of that.

Reactions: HalfullVol

Uros Plavsic?
Olivier Nkamhuoa?
Kennedy Chandler?
Keon Johnson?
Jaden Springer?
DJ Burns?
Chandler

People will scoff, but I really do believe that it would be Uros - he is the only one who addresses what our true matchup weakness was all year.

I think it would have been KC last year.
UCONN had the right game plan. Let Edey get his and shut everyone else down. Should have been our game plan. For that reason, I don't think it's Uros.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
UCONN had the right game plan. Let Edey get his and shut everyone else down. Should have been our game plan. For that reason, I don't think it's Uros.
Pretty sure it was. You can even look at the box score and see some similarities between us and UCONN, they just did it better. In both games only 5 Purdue players scored, in both games only 1 person besides Edey had over 10 (we gave up 14 to Loyer, UConn gave up 12 to someone forget who.) And the other 3 that scored were held to single digits.

Uros Plavsic?
Olivier Nkamhuoa?
Kennedy Chandler?
Keon Johnson?
Jaden Springer?
DJ Burns?

Let's see. With Burns, Springer, Johnson, Chandler, and Knect starting. Then SV, JJJ, ZZ, Mashak, and Aidoo/BHH off the bench, we'd probably made at least a play in game. šŸ˜

What we need the most wasn't here last year. That is a 7" offensive/defensive player would can dominate the paint ,score from 15' feet in and block shots without fouling.

Uros Plavsic?
Olivier Nkamhuoa?
Kennedy Chandler?
Keon Johnson?
Jaden Springer?
DJ Burns?
I already said Chandler, but I will elaborate. ZZ would have destroyed anyoneā€™s bench. Having Chandler for at least one more year would have allowed for that. ZZ wonā€™t be playing his best basketball until next year.

VN Store

Back