What if: What one player if they stayed could have made the biggest impact this year?

Plasvic. If he stays we don’t lose just because we get dominated by a physical big. We beat unc, msu both times, and might knock off purdue in the tournament. Either way I don’t think anyone was gonna beat UConn this year.

If we had Chandler last year to carry the load after ZZ went down we’d have made the final 4 , but you never know. As far as this year, I don’t have a clue. Id probably still say Kennedy, but I don’t see anyway we would have had him and ZZ together 3 years.

UCONN had the right game plan. Let Edey get his and shut everyone else down. Should have been our game plan. For that reason, I don't think it's Uros.

That was our game plan and it worked for the 30 minutes Aidoo wasn't on the court. We lost Aidoo's 10 minutes by 17 points...

UCONN had the right game plan. Let Edey get his and shut everyone else down. Should have been our game plan. For that reason, I don't think it's Uros.

We had the same game plan but UCONN's 7'2 starter who is very skilled actually performed on offense and made things difficult at times on defense against Edey. They also had a change of pace guy they threw at Edey and they didn't get arse raped by officiating.

Vols had the same plan but Jonas gave us nothing, Awaka was not allowed to be physically at all with Edey which also falls under the officials arse raping us.

It absolutely was our game plan - Purdue hit three 3's all night. The difference was that UConn got balanced scoring, I think five guys in double figures, while we were DK or bust. At 59-58, the game was still a toss up, and then we went ice cold.

Reactions: BisonVol

It was our game plan. It worked for UCONN because they had a big guy who could keep Edey from going for 40. The one guy who from a length perspective could make Edey’s life a little more difficult was a no show.

That was our game plan. The rest of the team only scored 32 outside of Edey.

We needed someone to step up outside of Knecht, so one of the guards. Chandler was the best in his one year here, but Springer is the best as of this moment.

Let's see. With Burns, Springer, Johnson, Chandler, and Knect starting. Then SV, JJJ, ZZ, Mashak, and Aidoo/BHH off the bench, we'd probably made at least a play in game. 😁
Lol I know you’re joking but that team would easily be the best in college history. That’s likely an undefeated national champion with a 20+ point average margin of victory.

Uros or BHH. Post was our weak point. People can make all the noise about santi and/or JJJ not performing but the games we lost we lost in the post. We lost games when other teams post players got AIdoo and Awaka in foul trouble Because after them we had nothing. If Uros is here we could play lineups with AIdoo or Awaka at the 4 and JJ could spend more time on the wing where he could be more of a facilitator and scorer. If Chandler, Johnson or SPringer were still on the roster we likely wouldn't have had Knecht on the roster. Uro, BHH and ORN are the 3 that would've filled the biggest gap on this team. None of those other guys give us a chance to beat Purdue.

Reactions: EasternVol
We had the same game plan but UCONN's 7'2 starter who is very skilled actually performed on offense and made things difficult at times on defense against Edey. They also had a change of pace guy they threw at Edey and they didn't get arse raped by officiating.

Vols had the same plan but Jonas gave us nothing, Awaka was not allowed to be physically at all with Edey which also falls under the officials arse raping us.
Vescovi, JJJ & ZZ didn't bring their "A" game . I believe ZZ was just worn down. Had they played Purdue the way they played at Rupp this team would have been in the Final Four. But our guards against UCONN would have been a mismatch. UCONN has a different gear and Purdue got that all that smoke in the 2nd half.

Reactions: gainesvol82

VN Store

Back