What Other Message Boards Are Saying: Bowling Green Edition

I'm with them in wishing this game was in Neyland, and if I was a BGSU fan I would be pissed to miss out on a chance to see my team play in one of the biggest houses you can visit.

I love these threads btw! Keep up the good work!!

Reactions: 1 person
Man, that DeBoring thing is kinda scary to read. I looked up "Mike Deboring" and Mike DeBord" and found plenty of forum threads etc, all of them negative :/. I hope it was more because of who his head coach was at Michigan and not another "Sunseri" type hire for us.

The Mike Debord Countdown Thread [Archive] - MotownSports.com Message Board

and Terry Malone - TE coach for the New Orleans Saints and 2nd least creative OC in the history of Michigan football after Mike DeBoring

At this point, as long as Mike DeBoring is gone, I don't care who is coaching
yea id k!ll someone if they gave that man the job...

--------------------
The timing of LC's announcement is quite telling: not surprisingly, it looks like he does not want Les Miles to be a candidate as the next HC...I only hope that they do not "hire from within" (OC Mike DeBord in particular would really draw the fans' ire)

Look for chumps like Andy Moeller, Ron English, Mike Deboring,etc to be back in the Maize and Blue on the sideline.

He has a strong arm and hopefully Mike DeBoring will realize that they can't play vanilla offense in a desperation game like this.

When Chad came back in the 4th quarter it made all the difference. Deboring decided to open up the play book, play from the shot gun and try to win this thing. Cheers to Mike Debord for finally trying to win a game instead of "not losing" one

Our Defense won a lot of games for Michigan during those years. You're not going to see a lot of creativity on offense. Pretty predictable throughout his years as well, 1st down: zone left, 2nd down: zone left, 3rd down: passing down or PA pass based on yards gained. Rinse/repeat. You'll also punt on every 4th and 1, regardless of situation. Have fun.

His style is very traditional, but given the talent we had on that side of the ball when he was our OC, his level of conservatism was borderline frustrating.

OK, one good thing I guess. This from a win against Illinois:

Holy crap...what a game. I could not believe that end-around WR pass Debord called...seriously, was that Mike "Deboring" calling that play or Spurrier??? Debord gets hated on a lot (and deservedly so) but his gameplans the past two weeks have been absolutely EXCELLENT. Great win!

I also heard a butthurt Wisky fan call the Finebaum show telling Arky fans to get ready for mediocre seasons, 8 or 9 but never a true comtender... fans do that.

Good job as always Chatt, and thank you for doing this.

The Debored/Deboring thing can be chalked up to people talk out of their butt generally and a lot of us are just too tired to correct you all the time.

I mean anyone could check out his offense and stats on the interwebs.

If you consider getting the ball to Breaston and Mannigham a total of 16 times on WR reverse/sweeps predictable(2006) I don't know what to tell you. Hart had over 1500 yards in 06. Three guys with 40 receptions and +500 yards.

Manningham ran the ball 19 times for 119 yards in 2007. Hart had 1300+ on the ground. Manningham and Arrington combined for over 2000 yards. Another guy caught 39 more balls. All this running from a conservative offense as most in the BIG 10 were/are unless you're Ohio St.

Reactions: 2 people
The Debored/Deboring thing can be chalked up to people talk out of their butt generally and a lot of us are just too tired to correct you all the time.

If you consider getting the ball to Breaston and Mannigham a total of 16 times on WR reverse/sweeps predictable(2006) I don't know what to tell you. Hart had over 1500 yards in 06. Three guys with 40 receptions and +500 yards.

Manningham ran the ball 19 times for 119 yards in 2007. Hart had 1300+ on the ground. Manningham and Arrington combined for over 2000 yards. Another guy caught 39 more balls. All this running from a conservative offense as most in the BIG 10 were/are unless you're Ohio St.
He never had these athletes to open up his playbook :)

I don't care if he runs it straight up the gut 70 times a game as long as it's a winning formula.

Thanks.

As far as the comments on Debord... he worked for Lloyd Carr. Nuff said. As some of you recall, and others don't, UT's offense was pretty
dadgum predictable not so long ago.

Its pretty much a known fact that Carr called the shots during 06-07 year that got him fired. DeBord had to basically beg Carr to let him run a schematically different offense against Florida. We saw how that turned out.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
Side note here, I want to say thanks to VN for the support you guys give me on these threads. I've seen a lot of this mentioned in the offseason. I get just as excited about all the support I get as I do the occasional "these threads are stupid, who gives a s**t what other message boards are saying" posts :)

Chatt.. Did you see the thread making cracks about Butch Jones? I thought it was funny, they have some witty posters.. I didn't take offense to any of them.. Just good humor IMO.

This reminds me of 2004 at Oxford when I chatted up an Ole Miss Alum/fan at halftime of our game.

He told me everyone hated Coach Cut and that most fans referred to him as Buttcliffe.

Chatt.. Did you see the thread making cracks about Butch Jones? I thought it was funny, they have some witty posters.. I didn't take offense to any of them.. Just good humor IMO.

I did. I legitimately laughed at some of them. Like this one:

...has edited his copy of The Blind Side to replace Phil Fulmer's head with his own.

Some others I just did not understand

BGSU's message board is seriously the most respectful opposing fan forum I have ever read. Props to their fanbase.

Reactions: 3 people
Chat, love these. The season wouldn't be the same without them. I look forward to them every week. Go Vols!

A lot of "Deboring's" conservative playcalling was from Lloyd Carr. Although you cannot really blame Carr either because that formula won him a lot of games and made him a HOF coach.

This was my fav. Post from thier board.

Notes for the Tennessee game are up. Volunteers starting running back is listed at 6'4" and 240 pounds. He's bigger or as big as all of our linebackers and a couple of defensive lineman. Sounds like the guy from Pitt we faced in the bowl game two years ago. We couldn't stop him and that was with the MAC's best defense that year

Hurd gone whip dey ass and they know it!

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back