What other message boards are saying (Iowa Edition)

NO SIR EEE

The Sultan Of Swat
-Hey Tennessee players, we think you should opt out and prepare for your bright NFL futures. Thanks in advance.

-Tennessee’s defense is a lot better than ours, gonna be a long day in Orlando.

-I’m watching from the house, I will NOT attend this **** show. Tennessee will beat us so bad.

-We’re about live up to the internet dubbing us Punt University.

-This one will be fun for about 5 minutes.

-Tennessee will crush us.

-Hey, if we win this game, it would validate the season. We won’t though.

-Tennessee message boards seem to think that they win this one pretty easily. They’re correct.

-Whoopee! The last time we played Tennessee the speed difference really showed up. At least we could have gotten a school from California so we can get used to them for next year. Does the Braille Institute of Los Angeles have a football team so our offense has a chance. Rather had an Acc team myself.

-I can’t believe we’re selling bowl game shirts. I’m not buying one that will rep 4 losses.

-We’ll hang around for a few, but the speed difference will show up and it’s gonna get ugly.

-Oh boy, I’m excited for this one. Not!

-Tennessee will beat us by 30 and then coach will defend it by talking about effort.

-Do we have a chance? Sure. Will we win? Hell no.

-At least I’ll get to go to Disney.

-We’ll be wanting to smoke a pack of cigs and drink an entire bottle of whiskey at half.

I thought we were negative, that's a bunch of negahawks!

In a serious note, their fan wave to the children's hospital is the coolest thing in sports. Football related you're not beating the Vol walk, or running through the T, but their wave goes beyond sports. I've seen videos of those kids waiting in the windows for it, pretty awesome.

In a serious note, their fan wave to the children's hospital is the coolest thing in sports. Football related you're not beating the Vol walk, or running through the T, but their wave goes beyond sports. I've seen videos of those kids waiting in the windows for it, pretty awesome.
My hats off to them. I've seen those vids as well. Heart warming for sure. I have respect for that.

Would be a classy touch if our AD and Iowa's could coordinate a wave to the children's hospital from Florida...get the whole stands involved as well.

I totally agree!...I want to go to a IOWA home game just so I can see it live...Absolutely the best new tradition in college football!...I love seeing those kids waving back!

I totally agree!...I want to go to a IOWA home game just so I can see it live...Absolutely the best new tradition in college football!...I love seeing those kids waving back!
I showed my wife a few weeks ago, and she loved it. I can't imagine the joy it brings those kids, and it giving them something to look forward to. I imagine even in their conditions, that's something that helps keep them going.

Lot of NegaHawkeyes!

I give them much better odds than their fans. Our offense has struggled and they have an elite D. I just think that their putrid offense gives us the advantage. Ours has certainly struggled as well, but if we make it to 20, we probably win.

Last edited:
I do not think I remember ever seeing one of these threads where the fan base we so defeatist.. maybe when we were playing a non-P5 school but even then there is some part of the base that believes. Kinda wild. That 2014 whipping must still hurt them.

Do we think we will have any guys opting out? I could see some offensive players with injury histories (Keyton) maybe sitting it out or some transfers not wanting to risk injury. We don't really have any high draft picks coming out this year, but we have a few guys in that round 3-4 range that cant risk an injury (Milton, Castles). I think Milton plays though it just seems to be how he is built. Having a good game VS a respected defense would look good on his resume, especially after the Vandy game.

I’m out in Des Moines quite a bit and have always enjoyed it. Good people out there.
"In Heaven there is no beer; that's why we drink it here. And when we're no longer here, our friends will be drinking all the beer!" An Iowa pep song taught to me by an Iowa fan & former teaching cohort. Gotta love it. :cool:

VN Store

Back