What was the Call?

The ball hit OVER the top of the backboard....hence it was a dead ball. Should there have been a foul? I think so....but with the no call happening....the ball actually did hit out of bounds.
Did you see it hit over the top of the backboard? When I watched the replay I didn’t see that. Even if if did it would have off the Purdue player that mauled him, hence UT ball.

Rewatched replay. It did hit the time clock behind the backboard, but I still contend it was off the mauling Creighton player.

Last edited:
Weird call, but seemingly the right call. The refs let them play in both halves. Fairly clean, well-called game. Props to the ref crew.
Have to disagree.
While they did let them play, which is pretty common these days, that foul definitely should’ve been called, period.

We better hope the refs allow a physical game on sunday. That's our only chance
of containing Edey. Swallow the whistles, even if it helps a couple of Edey's moves.
We won't be able to foul him out, he doesn't have to be overly aggressive against Aidoo
and maybe some against Awaka.

Reactions: Plecoptera
We better hope the refs allow a physical game on sunday. That's our only chance
of containing Edey. Swallow the whistles, even if it helps a couple of Edey's moves.
We won't be able to foul him out, he doesn't have to be overly aggressive against Aidoo
and maybe some against Awaka.
During our last game against Purdue, the first half was allowed to be physical and the second half the refs called a lot more fouls. I hate when that happens.

Reactions: Wireless1
And they were jersey grabbing like St. Peters. I saw Dalton complaining to the officials that they were grabbing his jersey on cuts.
When ZZ almost stole the ball close to the 1/2 court line but wasn’t able to control it from out of bounds said the same thing to the ref. Grabbed and twisted his jersey but I’d agree overall was a clean, physical game. The refs seemed to be letting teams play physical in all the game I’ve watched. Which I personally like.

Gainey definitely was not out of bounds. I guess that was the officials “make up” call for the Knecht finger tips no-call, but Gainey didn’t even look close to being on the line. Bad call.

Reactions: davethevol
It was a dead ball as soon as it hit the top of the backboard, the announcers never clarified it. Should have absolutely been called a block, but that a different issue.
The top is not out. Anything above the backboard is out along with back of the backboard. I can’t recall what it hit.

Related topic, maybe I'm crazy but seems like a lot of their screens last night were moving screens. In fact I see a lot and I assume either they are letting it go or they are more loose with the definition of moving screen.

Reactions: Wireless1
Aidoo and Awaka have both been fouled in late game plays at the rim in the last 2 games. Really easy calls that weren’t called. Luckily, we played well to win the games.

Cant review OOBs calls except in last 2 minutes. That did occur in last 2 minutes thou. Interesting

Did you see it hit over the top of the backboard? When I watched the replay I didn’t see that. Even if if did it would have off the Purdue player that mauled him, hence UT ball.

Rewatched replay. It did hit the time clock behind the backboard, but I still contend it was off the mauling Creighton player.
Can't review it unless under a minute to play.....

VN Store

Back