Where is our defense and rebounding?

There were a couple of times where she elected to stay off the court under the baseline while McCowan grabbed 2-3 offensive rebounds and scores. Inexcusable.
I noticed that. She became a spectator and just stood and watched.

It will be interesting to see how Te'a plays for SC. My guess is that she'll be a serviceable addition to their team and not nearly the homewrecker people here make her out to be.

Cooper was and will be a good basketball player! She was my fave her freshman year!

There were a couple of times where she elected to stay off the court under the baseline while McCowan grabbed 2-3 offensive rebounds and scores. Inexcusable.

I seen that and about punched my damn tv! She didn’t even bother to jump back in the play to try and rebound!

I seen that and about punched my damn tv! She didn’t even bother to jump back in the play to try and rebound!

The worst one was where Vivians missed a driving layup while tightly guarded by Russell. Vivians fell to the ground while McCowan grabbed the rebound and missed the putback twice before Victoria got off the floor and grabbed McCowan's miss and scored on a putback. The whole time, Mercedes stayed off the court under the basket with her hands in her traditional "I didn't do it!" pose. I was like, really???

Reactions: 2 people
We'll like to embrace the concept that that defense and rebounding win championship.

We need to stop letting the opponent dribble drive all the way to the cup. Some trapping and double teaming would be helpful.

Also we can't win big games if the opponents secure tons of offensive rebounds. At all time, while guarding a person without the ball, we need to pay more attention to the person with the ball. Do block out for the rebounds at the slightest hint of a ball in the air!

The defense and rebounding were put on that space shuttle to Mars ....will return to Earth in 2021.

Reactions: 1 person
I think she'll help them out. She'll probably be cleared to play in the next few weeks, so I expect to see her and A'ja Wilson fired up and ready for revenge in TBA. Hope we have our mojo back by then.

You did hear Cooper's waiver was denied, right?

It will be interesting to see how Te'a plays for SC. My guess is that she'll be a serviceable addition to their team and not nearly the homewrecker people here make her out to be.

Well, that would certainly be some maturity Cooper didn't show here. At TN, she took every shortcut, couldn't be bothered to practice hard, couldn't be bothered to learn the plays, couldn't be bothered to stay in school. But spent plenty of time looking sexy on Snapchat and assaulting a teammate.

For Cooper's sake, let's hope for serviceable.

Reactions: 2 people
Tennessee could do the same w/ Russell if they understood movement and spacing on offense.

Our issue is lack of aggression, physicality and hustle by some of our players. The better teams are tough and aggressive. Russell has a lot of upsides on offense but she gets pushed around a lot especially on defense. I really think that Holly needs to coach more physicality.

We are way too predictable on offense and we refuse to change. It seems that we are playing more of a slowed down offensive scheme. Players have started standing around in an attempt to get the ball into Russell. That either caused more turnovers or a bunch of 3 point bricks.

We need to make some changes or this team could crash and burn.

Reactions: 3 people
I'm anxious to see Cooper in a SC uniform. I want to see if she still will have 7 turnovers a game and put up 10 bad shots. Holly didn't seem to care much as she doesn't care now with the present players. I want to see if Dawn will put the brakes on Cooper.

I'm anxious to see Cooper in a SC uniform. I want to see if she still will have 7 turnovers a game and put up 10 bad shots. Holly didn't seem to care much as she doesn't care now with the present players. I want to see if Dawn will put the brakes on Cooper.

Do you mind telling how you know Holly didn’t care about Cooper’s bad play? 🤔🤔🤔🧐🧐🧐

Yes. Did you notice that I posted that ten days ago? Of course you did, right?

Actually, I didn't see your post date, which was 4 days before the official decision was announced.

Have thought since the decision was talking a while that it was not going to be granted. And I never thought it should have been granted.

My apologies.

VN Store

Back