Where is Wiggins?

Just trying to explain why his lack of chatter on any certain player means absolutely squat. How much is he gabbing about Bituli btw?

The point being, what the media have seen in practice, and what the coaches say, is all we have to go on until Butch releases his "organizational chart" next week.

I've said it all along, Wiggins could start the first game and every game after, for all I know. He could end up a first-team All-America.

But to this point, I'm intrigued by the fact he's not being mentioned by coaches or media. Based on that, there seems to be a real possibility that he might be behind several others at that No. 2 cornerback spot right now.

Nothing concrete... just some healthy preseason speculation.

Just trying to explain why his lack of chatter on any certain player means absolutely squat. How much is he gabbing about Bituli btw?

How much is who gabbing about Bituli?

And why? You think he's starting over Kirkland?

The point being, what the media has seen in practice, and what the coaches say, is all we have to go on until Butch releases his "organizational chart" next week.

I've said it all along, Wiggins could start the first game and every game after, for all I know. He could end up a first-team All-America.

But to this point, I'm intrigued by the fact he's not being mentioned by coaches or media. Based on that, there seems to be a real possibility that he might be behind several others at that No. 2 cornerback spot right now.

Nothing concrete... just some healthy preseason speculation.

These practices have been tight-lidded. I suspect a ton of misinformation is going on. Really hoping the glowing Trey Smith reports aren't part of them but I take every brag on a player with a grain of salt. Haven't heard much on a number of players that should be major contributors this season. If Wiggins turns out to be garbage, I can deal...just tend to believe he's going to be a major factor.

These practices have been tight-lidded. I suspect a ton of misinformation is going on. Really hoping the glowing Trey Smith reports aren't part of them but I take every brag on a player with a grain of salt. Haven't heard much on a number of players that should be major contributors this season. If Wiggins turns out to be garbage, I can deal...just tend to believe he's going to be a major factor.

I hope you're right. I expected him to be a major factor, but Hubbs (and others) isn't typically far off, and when Wiggins name is being omitted over and over again, I don't think it's because we're holding him out to be our secret weapon against Florida. :)

ANYBODY.

I think he's good...why isn't he being talked about? :scare:

I think he's going to be a fantastic player. I've heard him being talked about some, but the reality is, at this point he's stuck behind Kirkland on the depth chart.

I absolutely cannot wait until Sept 4 when we can put all these opinions from reporters asaide and see whats on the field. Its so close I can taste it. We are going to crush GT and UF and Butch Jones will quiet the negas once and for all.

Reactions: 2 people
I think he's going to be a fantastic player. I've heard him being talked about some, but the reality is, at this point he's stuck behind Kirkland on the depth chart.

All I know is that he's not being talked about! And nary a thread in sight! :wink2:

Wiggins will be in the depth chart and it's because of our recruiting. Our freshmen dwarf him quite frankly. We got plenty of young corners right now.

All I know is that he's not being talked about! And nary a thread in sight! :wink2:

I'm not sure how many people expected him to start. I think that's why there's no thread about Bituli. I think he's about right where most thought he would be: playing well, but behind Kirkland.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm not sure how many people expected him to start. I think that's why there's no thread about Bituli. I think he's about right where most thought he would be: playing well, but behind Kirkland.

Starting is of secondary importance. If a player isn't being mentioned by the media, that means they're 3rd string or special teams fodder. :no:

Wiggans will be fine..he will start..he will be shut down corner

Wiggins started as a freshman at UGA.

Went to Louisville and started!

Even has some all-conference recognition...

When healthy he has been an excellent CB with very good insticts and quickness.

If he he doesn't start...it has to one of two things.

1) disciplinary reasons

2) He's on Butch's bad side

Because none of our other CBs has the experience or skill set of Wiggins.

He can be a really quality corner but he isn't physically skilled enough to half a** it on the field. Get it together kid. They don't give out participation trophies in the SEC.

Yeah they do, they're called random bowl rings.

Bling!

Reactions: 2 people
I read this morning as Shamburger had his striped removed, and so did two others, but no mention of Wiggins. Starting to think he may not live up to the hype.

Starting is of secondary importance. If a player isn't being mentioned by the media, that means they're 3rd string or special teams fodder. :no:

I disagree, on both accounts. And he wasn't mentioned by media OR coaches, until today.

I guess this could partially explain things. From the practice thread: Butch says senior CB Shaq Wiggins has been limited due to injuries but adds "We need him back out there." Doesn't sound serious

I disagree, on both accounts. And he wasn't mentioned by media OR coaches, until today.

I guess this could partially explain things. From the practice thread: Butch says senior CB Shaq Wiggins has been limited due to injuries but adds "We need him back out there." Doesn't sound serious

HC says "We NEED him back out there". Anybody good with riddles? :question:

VN Store

Back