Which Bowl Game Would You Like Tennessee To Play In?

Which Bowl Game Do Y'all Want Tennessee to Play In?

• TaxSlayer Gator Bowl

Votes: 143 41.9%
  • Belk Bowl

Votes: 8 2.3%
  • Music City Bowl

Votes: 33 9.7%
  • Liberty Bowl

Votes: 14 4.1%
  • Outback Bowl

Votes: 138 40.5%
  • Texas Bowl

Votes: 5 1.5%
  • Independence Bowl

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Birmingham Bowl

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Who thinks if we just barely beat Vandy will it determine the Gator invite>It sure wont help the Vols chances if we just hangon!I think a Vandy beatdown will get us to the Gator Bowl!Agree or not?

Because of the bowl tie ins, Tennessee is in a great spot. The league has 11 tie ins but only 9 teams currently eligible. Plus who qualifies for the playoff. If 2 teams make the playoffs then we bump up 1 more spot. Win tomorrow we finish 5th overall with 5-3 league record, provided A&M doesn't upset LSU and Auburn doesn't upset Bama. That 5th place spot means (Outback, Music City or Taxslayer).

SEC tie ins:
1575084562425.png

Can you also do a poll to gauge whether the average Volnationite feels the need for a poll determining the need or lack thereof for another, "What bowl," thread? I personally feel such a poll is essential at this juncture.
Your question is Poll Worthy and I will take it under consideration. 🙊🙉🙈

Reactions: lifeisdeep
Who thinks if we just barely beat Vandy will it determine the Gator invite>It sure wont help the Vols chances if we just hangon!I think a Vandy beatdown will get us to the Gator Bowl!Agree or not?
I don’t think margin of victory matters tomorrow, I do think we win big as long as we come to play. I don’t care what bowl we end up getting, we are getting one and that’s the main thing. I would like to see a Florida bowl from a recruiting standpoint but I’m good with Music City.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Because of the bowl tie ins, Tennessee is in a great spot. The league has 11 tie ins but only 9 teams currently eligible. Plus who qualifies for the playoff. If 2 teams make the playoffs then we bump up 1 more spot. Win tomorrow we finish 5th overall with 5-3 league record, provided A&M doesn't upset LSU and Auburn doesn't upset Bama. That 5th place spot means (Outback, Music City or Taxslayer).

SEC tie ins:
View attachment 241723
Exactly. I don’t understand why some have such a hard time understanding this simple concept.

UT beats Vandy and bowling in Jax (Gator Bowl) or Outback n Tampa, FL. Imo, we are most likely Gator Bowl bound.

Music city Bowl - will ONLY be in play IF we lose to Vanderbilt- just my opinion.

All the ESPN article and projections are click bait articles based on the writers’ what if situations, which is interesting to read.
Outback sounds great!

Attachments

• IMG_20191025_131247.jpg
    IMG_20191025_131247.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
My current SEC Bowl Predictions

National Championship Game: LSU vs Clemson

Fiesta Bowl: LSU vs Oklahoma

Sugar Bowl: Georgia vs Baylor

Orange Bowl: Alabama vs Notre Dame

Cotton Bowl: Florida vs Boise State

Citrus Bowl: Auburn vs Michigan

Outback Bowl: Texas A&M vs Penn State

TaxSlayer Gator Bowl: Tennessee vs Indiana

Music City Bowl: Mississippi State vs Louisville

Belk Bowl: Kentucky vs Pitt
Mostly agree except why would Outback take A&M at 4-4 over UT at 5-3 league records? Plus on a 5 game winning streak!

I think Tennessee’s bowl fate depends partially on whether or not Florida gets in the NY6.

If they don’t, it bumps everyone down a bowl in the pecking order

I would take a lesser bowl if it meant Florida also had to do so. Hopefully they $#!+ the bed today and lose to FSU.

I don't know that it matters. I think the SEC will work with all those bowls in the pool to get best matchups. Like I said earlier, I have a sneaking feeling we end up against Va Tech in the Belk.

Yep. At this point, we could end up in any of them: Gator, Belk, Music City, Liberty, Texas, or Outback.

If Tennessee gets the Gator Bowl, they get Michigan. A 7-5 SEC team vs a 9-3 Big 10 team. Possibly 10-2, if they beat Ohio State.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019

VN Store

Back