Whisky, bourbon or scotch and what's your favorite?

Got 2 Old Forester Single Barrel Barrel Strength and 2x Eagle Rares today. The OF is a strong girl. 65.55% but it's like a cherry covered in brown sugar.
Lol. Yep. She‘ll kick your ass if you’re not careful.

I wanted something entirely different for New Years so I picked up a bottle of this:

IMG_3460__17296.jpg

I've drank Dickel Tennessee Whiskey but I never tried their bourbon before. I was pleasantly surprised. It only cost a tad over 30 bucks and tasted great. I often drink Old No 7 but I believe I like this better or at least as well. You may think I'm a cheap old fart and I am but this and Jack are as good as the $100 stuff.

I wanted something entirely different for New Years so I picked up a bottle of this:

View attachment 606988

I've drank Dickel Tennessee Whiskey but I never tried their bourbon before. I was pleasantly surprised. It only cost a tad over 30 bucks and tasted great. I often drink Old No 7 but I believe I like this better or at least as well. You may think I'm a cheap old fart and I am but this and Jack are as good as the $100 stuff.
The 8 year is good. The only dickel that doesn't have that mineral taste.

View attachment 606988

It’s good stuff. The only benefit of living in Kentucky is a lot of Tennessee whiskey sits on shelf and eventually gets put on clearance. I get the 8 year when I see it on sale.

Reactions: Hunerwadel
Picked up a bottle of Chattanooga 91. Pretty good, especially on the rocks. Not quite as good neat.

Still waiting to get to a spirits store in a district that carries Brenne French Single Malt. Fantastic stuff. Can get in Nashville and Crossville, but not Cookeville.

Picked up a bottle of Chattanooga 91. Pretty good, especially on the rocks. Not quite as good neat.

Still waiting to get to a spirits store in a district that carries Brenne French Single Malt. Fantastic stuff. Can get in Nashville and Crossville, but not Cookeville.
French whiskey? Never knew there was such a thing. May have to give it a try.

French whiskey? Never knew there was such a thing. May have to give it a try.
I thought it was excellent. My cousin turned me on to it. It's not exactly easy to find. Depends on the distributor and territory. I'd like to have a few more sips to confirm it as good as my initial impression, but I did drain about 1/4 of his flask. There are two releases. The cheaper of the two is the best one according to my cousin. Around $60. The barrels it's aged in from other French spirits really sets it off with a very smooth and slightly sweet 100% barley concoction.

View attachment 588425

Reactions: Hunerwadel
Whiskey: Gentleman Jack
Bourbon: Blanton's but I also like Woodford Double Oaked

Not really a Scotch guy.
Love Blantons and Woodford. I actually found Blantons at my local package store twice recently after never seeing it for years. For some reason Blantons doesn't give me a hangover like some of the others.

Reactions: BarrythesnoUT
Found a golden egg in W Tennessee while duck hunting View attachment 612338

I remember shopping at a Liquor Barn here in Louisville last year when those were dropping and there were probably 5 or 6 people waiting for the cashier to put it behind the counter. I asked the cashier if they had any and he laughed and said yeah but he was waiting for those people to leave

I've only been able to find one bottle of Barrel Proof Colonel in my life. Great stuff. Be careful though, it can knock you on your ass.
Lol, this is my second one (still have about 2/3 of the first one). It's good stuff. I have several bottles of Stagg and it will knock you sideways too.

Reactions: Wireless1 and txbo

VN Store

Back