Who are the richest NIL programs?

Given this, since GA has the best recruiting class, your assumption is they have the best NIL? Do you believe that's entirely how to rate how well a school's NIL works: who has the highest ranking class at the end of the year?

I'm doubtful that's the whole picture.
Nope. Never said that’s the only metric to rate an NIL. But being able to get big time recruits is a huge part of it. That’s what NIL was marketed as right? That’s what most of us expected it to be when it was implemented. Spyre could, in conjunction with Heupel and the staff, evaluate who to make deals with.

Funny how you say this about UGA. Most agree that TAMUs historic class was bought with NIL. They have unlimited money blah, blah, blah. So was that not the whole picture with that situation? If no, what else was involved?

Now addressing UGA. There are a few teams who are true outliers, exceptions in the NIL era. UGA is one of them. Their roster is so stacked they really don’t need NIL that much. But please answe me this. What makes you think our NIL is so good? Because the services that rank NIL say so?

Nope. Never said that’s the only metric to rate an NIL. But being able to get big time recruits is a huge part of it. That’s what NIL was marketed as right? That’s what most of us expected it to be when it was implemented. Spyre could, in conjunction with Heupel and the staff, evaluate who to make deals with.

Funny how you say this about UGA. Most agree that TAMUs historic class was bought with NIL. They have unlimited money blah, blah, blah. So was that not the whole picture with that situation? If no, what else was involved?

Now addressing UGA. There are a few teams who are true outliers, exceptions in the NIL era. UGA is one of them. Their roster is so stacked they really don’t need NIL that much. But please answe me this. What makes you think our NIL is so good? Because the services that rank NIL say so?
I didn't say anything about our NIL being good. First, we have only a couple of seasons with NIL so everyone is just getting their legs with it. I think there's a learning curve for all schools, including UT.

I'm not a believer that NIL is the only factor. With Seaton, maybe he is more comfortable with a black coach, identifies with the culture Deion projects, feels like he's going to be noticed wherever he goes....... or maybe he likes weed. I've no idea, nor do you. I'll bet he's getting paid in the ballpark of what he's been offered everywhere but I'll bet he feels like he doesn't NEED to go where he's not 100% comfortable.

aTm was the first "let's buy this and we'll win" experiment gone wrong. That was a lesson for the schools AND the players. Some of those guys are learning that a year of big NIL and a lousy coaching situation IS NOT good for their NFL chances. aTm learned that you need more than money to win.

Jumping via the portal is STILL not just an NIL decision because getting more money at the college level may not help you get to the league. That's why GA and Bama and Ohio State get good kids: they put them in the league.

I just think there's many more factors in recruiting than just money and school status.

Reactions: Raebo
according to you it’s dumb. We won’t overpay. Your posts are full of assumptions. You question people who question our NIL. Why? Some of us just don’t think Spyre is very good. And why do you think they are so good?
It is your juvenile attack on our collective with each and every player that ever said the word Tennessee going elsewhere that triggers responses. This is a big picture deal. Let's all assess the use of the collective money as BOTH signing days are completed, and BOTH portal periods come to a close. You seem to overlook that you and some of your compatriots are constantly dissing our apparent decisions or execution when they are not in lock step with you, but I don't see any irrational crowning of Spyre and staff efforts ANY time we add a player. Throwing out some individual BOOMS when one goes our way is what it is and no more. Jumping on a bridge rail when one goes the other way WITHOUT A COMPLETE FACT SET has zero value add, actually worse.

That is dumb. We offer up to our maximum calculated value and if we lose we lose and use the money elsewhere. Regardless of what our competitions offers are. I once turned down a toy on ebay after striking out at ToysRus. Gotta have a budget. Even moreso now that transfers after the first year are getting TOOOOOOOOO common. Check out this years QB top guns. We are keeping ours..... BUT

We are 8TH in the SEC. We are constantly losing. That is my point. Programs that supposedly have worse NIL are beating us. It is under performing.

If this is a company, SPRYE is on a Performance Improvement Plan right now if I am their Manager.

Reactions: volmanNC
It is your juvenile attack on our collective with each and every player that ever said the word Tennessee going elsewhere that triggers responses. This is a big picture deal. Let's all assess the use of the collective money as BOTH signing days are completed, and BOTH portal periods come to a close. You seem to overlook that you and some of your compatriots are constantly dissing our apparent decisions or execution when they are not in lock step with you, but I don't see any irrational crowning of Spyre and staff efforts ANY time we add a player. Throwing out some individual BOOMS when one goes our way is what it is and no more. Jumping on a bridge rail when one goes the other way WITHOUT A COMPLETE FACT SET has zero value add, actually worse.

There is a barometer to compare, it is called recruiting rankings were experts, better than us, post rankings for teams based on recruiting. Tennessee isn't getting done according to Rivals, ESPN, On3, and other recruiting rankings. Clearly they are not matching up with teams and it showed earlier this year when we lost to 5-7 Florida in the Swamp, a game most teams didn't bat an eye at. You want to stop losing those games, get Sprye in gear to land us 5 stars like Francis Mauigoa instead of letting them go to ACC teams.

The reality is recruiting is a money game. The highest bidder will get the kids.
I’m wondering where TN stacks among these NIL deals?
If you know anything about people with real money, you know they don’t buy every ****in toy in the store.

Sure we were. He just wanted to play for Deion. Just like Travis Hunter did. And everyone believed Walter Nolen when he said “if it were about NIL, Inwould be at TN instead of TAMU.” Right?
My bad man...didn't realize you were an insider that knows the ins and outs of everything over on the hill. hahahaha 🤡🤡🤡

Also we were outbid for Nolan by a&m. That's pretty common knowledge haha

There is a barometer to compare, it is called recruiting rankings were experts, better than us, post rankings for teams based on recruiting. Tennessee isn't getting done according to Rivals, ESPN, On3, and other recruiting rankings. Clearly they are not matching up with teams and it showed earlier this year when we lost to 5-7 Florida in the Swamp, a game most teams didn't bat an eye at. You want to stop losing those games, get Sprye in gear to land us 5 stars like Francis Mauigoa instead of letting them go to ACC teams.
You mean like all the wailing and moaning when we did not get Nolen from right down the street? How did that work out for the winner? You mean the same guys that anoint 4 stars to 300 or so players each year who get exposed by all the lowly 3 stars when the REAL barometer, the one with money behind it, called the NFL draft takes more 3's than 4's? Big time power 5 staffs are not blindly reaching into the 3 star pool, and if they hit on several of the MANY LOW misses from the experts and avoid the HIGH misses in the 4 star pool life can be good. Bet their time investment in research on these players exceeds the EXPERTS with their impossible task of evaluating thousands of players. Late bloomers are what they are. NOBODY knows that mix for a few years.

You can't necessarily hang the MISSES on SPYRE.... if our staff drew a line in the sand for each player and they turned our offer down, SO BE IT. Especially when so many of the HS big payday guys don't make it to year 2 and you can't ignore current room impact with a high priced newbie. Money does NOT make them real FITS. Let's see what our roster looks like in fall camp. Two signing days and two Portal windows to go as of today. I am really EXPECTING some great players to enter the Portal after some new teammates got deals that don't sit well and the collectives can't pony up and spring depth charts where talent is stacked as well. May can be our friend if we have money in the bank. Having to play chess not checkers now with the portal and NIL.

Projecting finality of victory or defeat based on ANY years ESD service numbers is fool's errand. It's impact on total roster management has been seriously diminished. Not many year 1 impact guys out there regardless of stars and this year's MISSES can be increasingly replaced by getting seasoned replacements in the secondary market if you manage your NIL wisely. How many players did we get to RETAIN or ADD on the with the money left from the miss on Mauigoa? Will Nico be better off with him and the resultant room or them along the line? I got my theory, but NOBODY knows.

Emotional over reactions to ESD are really a bit embarrassing due to their simplistic data set and those still holding on to old impact logic in new world.

Who are the richest NIL programs?​

Look at the top recruiting classes for your answer, sir.
More like look at programs landing top transfer classes. Ole miss, for example. And even Arky.

Makes sense to steer money towards proven products rather than freshmen who will ride pine till they possibly transfer too.

You mean the same guys that anoint 4 stars to 300 or so players each year who get exposed by all the lowly 3 stars when the REAL barometer, the one with money behind it, called the NFL draft takes more 3's than 4's? Big time power 5 staffs are not blindly reaching into the 3 star pool, and if they hit on several of the MANY LOW misses from the experts and avoid the HIGH misses in the 4 star pool life can be good.

You're way off. There's 1000s of more 3 stars than 4 stars and the number of rated 5 stars coming out of high school each year is way way lower that's why more make the draft. Since 2017 5 stars have been drafted at a 63% rate. 4 stars at 22.1% rate. 3 stars at a measly 5.3% draft rate. In other words, most 5 stars damn near make the nfl.

I would put $ on Texas, Texas A&M and LSU.
Definitely those three. But I believe Oklahoma, Alabama, Georgia, probably even Florida and maybe Auburn are ahead of us. Our biggest potential donor - Rebate Jimmy Haslam - is more concerned with his NFL Clowns and putting his name on every building at UT.

Definitely those three. But I believe Oklahoma, Alabama, Georgia, probably even Florida and maybe Auburn are ahead of us. Our biggest potential donor - Rebate Jimmy Haslam - is more concerned with his NFL Clowns and putting his name on every building at UT.
His new toy is the Milwaukee Bucks, as I recall.

VN Store

Back