Who does Pruitt play for?

And what if his defense gets lit up? Nothing is impossible in football. In the last two years in the NC game his defense gave up 40 points and 35 points. Kirby wasn't even close to giving up that many points.

Kirby Smart was Bama's defensive coordinator for the first national title game against Clemson. He stayed on with Bama to serve as DC for the playoffs after he was hired as Georgia's coach.

It's called being professional and doing the right thing. If you are just going to jump from job to job and not give your previous employer notice, you are going to have a hard time. You seem young, so you should really use this as a learning thing.

I am an employer. If I hired someone and they said, "I'll come, but I want to help your rival secure a massive contract first." That would be a none starter.

They got notice. CPF has to contact the A.D. to interview a coach under contract. Plus, notice is two weeks generally, not six.

I don't care about friend. I care about this guy getting the job done. Year 1! No excuses, no grace period. He has talent, now go win 7 games. Then all I hear is how great he is, but how much we're going to suck for 2 years and poor CJP just can't do anything about it. Saban won the NC is second year, and Alabama was as much of a dumpster fire as we are when he took over. Don't tell me he's a great coach, but we have to suck so he can change the "culture". No Saban didn't have to suck, Kirby didn't have to suck, Meyer didn't have to suck, and Richt didnt have to suck. Richt and Kirby both won the SEC championship their second year. Meyer and Saban (and possibly Kirby) won the NC their second year.

I'm tired of excuses. He needs to get it done. Great coaches don't need 5 year plans. If he can't perform like they did he isn't a great coach and shouldn't be here.

I am an employer. If I hired someone and they said, "I'll come, but I want to help your rival secure a massive contract first." That would be a none starter.

They got notice. CPF has to contact the A.D. to interview a coach under contract. Plus, notice is two weeks generally, not six.

You throw a tantrum of that size about something that hasn't even happened, and you're an employer? Save the money on a consultant. I think I can tell you why your turnover is so high.

Reactions: 4 people
Does your doctor know you're off your meds?:loco:

Nice, run out of talking points, then name call. All wittle snowflakes do that. Nothing original, bro.

You're crazy. You think he's a great coach, but we have to suck when the other great coaches didn't have too. Stockholm syndrome, I get it.

Depends on the role. I've seen managers stay on for well over a month after giving their notice.

Reactions: 1 person
You throw a tantrum of that size about something that hasn't even happened, and you're an employer? Save the money on a consultant. I think I can tell you why your turnover is so high.

I don't have to yell at my employees. They come in and do well. I don't have to give them two years to not suck at their job. That's called the real world.

On the other hand, read about how Charlie Ergen treats his employees. He isn't doing very bad either.

Depends on the role. I've seen managers stay on for well over a month after giving their notice.

While delivering huge successes to a rival? If a money manager told me he needed to stay at his current position so that he can help earn record profits at a rival (the same as CJP winning a NC at Alabama) THEN telling me they aren't going to produce the same results for me I'd baulk at them.

Now, don't get me wrong. If he can win 10 games and a SEC championship year 2, by all means go win a NC this year. If he can't then he should be spending all of his time recruiting kids who can help him accomplish that.

I have a problem with him spending six weeks focused on Alabama, then you all say we are gonna suck and there's nothing he can do about it. There certainly is, spend every waking moment on the phone to bring in great recruits.

You can't have your cake and eat it too. You can't preach about how great of a coach he is, but he can't accomplish something that Saban, Richt, Smart, and Meyer did.

I don't have to yell at my employees. They come in and do well. I don't have to give them two years to not suck at their job. That's called the real world.

On the other hand, read about how Charlie Ergen treats his employees. He isn't doing very bad either.

If you don't understand giving a notice at one's current position, and the new position respecting the notice given, you either:

(1) Are lying about being an employer,
(2) Are confusing hiring your neighbor's kid to cut your lawn as being an "employer", or
(3) Run your own sheetrock crew (which isn't analogous to coaching a CFB playoff).

Reactions: 3 people
While delivering huge successes to a rival? If a money manager told me he needed to stay at his current position so that he can help earn record profits at a rival (the same as CJP winning a NC at Alabama) THEN telling me they aren't going to produce the same results for me I'd baulk at them.

Now, don't get me wrong. If he can win 10 games and a SEC championship year 2, by all means go win a NC this year. If he can't then he should be spending all of his time recruiting kids who can help him accomplish that.

I have a problem with him spending six weeks focused on Alabama, then you all say we are gonna suck and there's nothing he can do about it. There certainly is, spend every waking moment on the phone to bring in great recruits.

You can't have your cake and eat it too. You can't preach about how great of a coach he is, but he can't accomplish something that Saban, Richt, Smart, and Meyer did.

I've gone from rival company to rival company, back again and then back again. I worked a notice every time and it was respected every time.

Know why? Because they weren't childish.

Reactions: 2 people
If you don't understand giving a notice at one's current position, and the new position respecting the notice given, you either:

(1) Are lying about being an employer,
(2) Are confusing hiring your neighbor's kid to cut your lawn as being an "employer", or
(3) Run your own sheetrock crew (which isn't analogous to coaching a CFB playoff).

Again, I understand giving notice. What I don't accept is not getting the job done AFTER the notice. Also, in my line of work giving a former employer a notice doesn't hurt me. It certainly hurts Tennessee for a former recruiter of the year to not be spending 100% of his focus and energy recruiting for us.

Be on the CJP bandwagon all you want, but year 2 he needs to be on the same level as other great coaches. Quit making excuses for failure. I hate weak a$$ people who accept failure.

it’s utterly shocking to me that this is even an issue for some people ..... of course I think most of you guys posting understand that but you’re just playing the role of agitator which can be fun I admit.
Iguess some people are more sick of losing to Bubba than other people and want to cut off any help we can give them at the knees. But at least they only get to kick us in the pills once a year.

I have never heard of a situation where a major football school hired a new coach, but the new coach remained at the original school, an arch rival school, to help them for another 6 weeks.

Why would the new coach want to do that?
Why would the head coach (Saban) allow it?
Why would the new employer (UT) allow it?
Why are we putting up with it?

Don't make excuses or lame justifications. We need all his time and energy here now. We have lost the fan base, recruits, and our reputation.

Today, is our new coach for us or is he for Alabama?

Wow! Can't fix stupid.

I've gone from rival company to rival company, back again and then back again. I worked a notice every time and it was respected every time.

Well it might be cool if he told CNS to pack sand and left because it would really be a dedication. Remember the scene when Marco Ramius talked about Cortez burning his ships to motivate his men? If he burned his ties to Alabubba he might really be showing his commitment to UT.

Just a thought

I still hope his defense gets lit up. Sorry, he's the enemy still.

Again, I understand giving notice. What I don't accept is not getting the job done AFTER the notice. Also, in my line of work giving a former employer a notice doesn't hurt me. It certainly hurts Tennessee for a former recruiter of the year to not be spending 100% of his focus and energy recruiting for us.

Be on the CJP bandwagon all you want, but year 2 he needs to be on the same level as other great coaches. Quit making excuses for failure. I hate weak a$$ people who accept failure.

Bold One: You keep harping on this. Produce your time machine or admit how idiotic you sound.

Bold Two: No way around it. You just sound like a sad, angry idiot, as I haven't made any excuses for any failure, as there's been none.

Geez. I'm beginning to think you're VolProf's alt account. You seriously may want to consider professional help.

Seriously.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people

And did you suck for two years when you went to the rival company? I bet you didn't.

Bold One: You keep harping on this. Produce your time machine or admit how idiotic you sound.

Bold Two: No way around it. You just sound like a sad, angry idiot, as I haven't made any excuses for any failure, as there's been non.

Geez. I'm beginning to think you're VolProf's alt account. You seriously may want to consider professional help.

Seriously.

You may not be, but there are people actually saying that we'll be lucky to make a bowl game next year, and that the next two years are a wash. Absolutely unacceptable to not win. If he wins, all is good. If he loses, he needs to be gone. Period. He shouldn't need 5 years to win an SEC championship. Year 2 should be a 10+ win season.

You may not be, but there are people actually saying that we'll be lucky to make a bowl game next year, and that the next two years are a wash. Absolutely unacceptable to not win. If he wins, all is good. If he loses, he needs to be gone. Period. He shouldn't need 5 years to win an SEC championship. Year 2 should be a 10+ win season.

See you in two years then? Deal?

And I'll respectfully ask that, in the future, you deal with me based on what I've said as opposed the faceless masses you seem to stay so gosh darned mad at. Also deal?

See you in two years then? Deal?

And I'll respectfully ask that, in the future, you deal with me based on what I've said as opposed the faceless masses you seem to stay so gosh darned mad at. Also deal?

Sure.

When you see people making excuses for failure, also make sure they know he has to get the job done.

If he wins 10+ games year two, and competes for SEC championships every year after that he has my full unwavering support.

Well it might be cool if he told CNS to pack sand and left because it would really be a dedication. Remember the scene when Marco Ramius talked about Cortez burning his ships to motivate his men? If he burned his ties to Alabubba he might really be showing his commitment to UT.

Just a thought

I still hope his defense gets lit up. Sorry, he's the enemy still.

It may also show his potential recruits that he's a selfish douche. Never know, I guess.

I wouldn't get angry to see him make a clean break today. I'm just not going to impose some ethical code on him when I've worked notices between every job change I've ever made--all in the name of some BS, childish "rivalry".

We have the luxury of childish rivalry big talk. He's a professional. I'm glad our coach sees it as a professional move.

Reactions: 2 people
Sure.

When you see people making excuses for failure, also make sure they know he has to get the job done.

If he wins 10+ games year two, and competes for SEC championships every year after that he has my full unwavering support.

I'm sure he will be relieved, Boss Man. :good!:

Until then you want to melt down about the stock market in two years? The price of coffee in 2023? The heart attack your hypertension will cause 9 months from now?

VN Store

Back