Who is on the team next year?

PG: ZZ / Boswell
SG: Gainey / Carr
SF: Shack
PF: Phillips
C: Aidoo / Awaka / Estrella

Leaving: JJJ, Knecht, Santi
I'm sure I'll get fussed at, but I see Freddie and Jefferson going elsewhere.

Will be interesting to see if Barnes can assemble a team that can avoid the scoring droughts that continued to plague his program from time to time this year, that 12 point lead today that vanished in a Purdue 15-0 run was an expensive price to pay, to play tournament basketball you have to have a fairly complete team at all 5 positions, no more front line projects like Aidoo, his no show in Detroit was somewhat expected but nobody thought it would be that costly, Barnes' Achilles heel is a solid half court offensive game and the ability to develop big men at the 4 and 5,

Will be interesting to see if Barnes can assemble a team that can avoid the scoring droughts that continued to plague his program from time to time this year, that 12 point lead today that vanished in a Purdue 15-0 run was an expensive price to pay, to play tournament basketball you have to have a fairly complete team at all 5 positions, no more front line projects like Aidoo, his no show in Detroit was somewhat expected but nobody thought it would be that costly, Barnes' Achilles heel is a solid half court offensive game and the ability to develop big men at the 4 and 5,
It’s college basketball. there will always be droughts.

Likely a 4-5 seed next year in my opinion.
I wouldn't say that low.

We lose our star in Dalton Knecht, but outside of that, we really aren't losing much. Not to be mean, but Vescovi and James didn't produce much on offense this year.

Thats three scholarships open to get some good players out of the portal.

I'd say realistically, you are looking at a 2-4 seeded team

I wouldn't say that low.

We lose our star in Dalton Knecht, but outside of that, we really aren't losing much. Not to be mean, but Vescovi and James didn't produce much on offense this year.

Thats three scholarships open to get some good players out of the portal.

I'd say realistically, you are looking at a 2-4 seeded team
Wish I could share your optimism but I think we’re about to take a pretty big step back next year.

It’ll be 20 years or more before we see another talent like DK and we will miss the other seniors a lot more than people think.

How in the hell was that not called at least 5-6 times?

I can’t remember the last time I’ve seen it called. Painter is smart to exploit it - they aren’t going to suddenly put it back in the game to penalize one player. I also wonder if refs can accurately count to 3. Maybe there will be an AI solution in a few years.

Reactions: TNgradmom
Wish I could share your optimism but I think we’re about to take a pretty big step back next year.

It’ll be 20 years or more before we see another talent like DK and we will miss the other seniors a lot more than people think.
there's no doubt that Knecht is a once in a generation type player. For Tennessee to even get a player like that was a miracle in itself.

I know it's hard right now especially after this loss, but Barnes will have this team rolling again

Of course we will take a little step back next year, but there's still enough experience and talent to get us to the tourney next year. I'm sure 1 or 2 solid transfers will be Added too.

We lose DK and JJJ for sure I think. Not sure who else, hopefully everyone comes back and we get another stud in the portal.

Edit. Totally forgot Santi is gone. Been such a non factor this year I totally forgot about him leaving.

JJJ, Vescovi, and Coyle and Knecht are moving on.

Jefferson is probably portal bound.

VN Store

Back