Who Was More Physically Gifted?

Who was the last true all America to play at Ut?

Trey was on his way to that...it sucks who he's been trying to protect all his time on the Hill.

Uhm, I'd have to say Derek Barnett...
Consistently dominant All- American type. Broke the damn sack record in 3 years. No redshirt or anything. Straight out of HS was a force.
Nigel Warrior last season earned some All-American recognition i believe.

I'd compare Tyrone Hines to Al Wilson before Mayo. Hines was a beast too. Not to the same level as Wilson, but I'd love to have him back too

Great memory. I would have loved to have seen Bituli or Nick Reveiz play here blessed with a modest dose of Al Wilson's athleticism. That would have been fun because those guys went all out for Tennessee.

Reactions: PandamoniumReigns
He actually is the reason I used the word ā€œlikely.ā€ Iā€™d still tilt it in Alā€™s favor, but JR was a great one, too.
Anybody that would take a chain saw to their jeep had to be one mean sob!

Reactions: EZE
Kiner was as good as UT has ever had. Bear Bryant called him the best linebacker since Leroy Jordan. 2 time AA and SEC Defensive player of year in 1969. In 1969 41-14 victory over Bama, Kiner had five sacks, 11 tackles with five assists, four quarterback hurries, an interception and a forced fumble. Now that's ballin' out!

Reactions: mercuryvol
I sometimes don't like these questions because I feel that people get their nostalgia or past/current team success blocking their view.

Kiner was as good as UT has ever had. Bear Bryant called him the best linebacker since Leroy Jordan. 2 time AA and SEC Defensive player of year in 1969. In 1969 41-14 victory over Bama, Kiner had five sacks, 11 tackles with five assists, four quarterback hurries, an interception and a forced fumble. Now that's ballin' out!
I think Andy Spiva was the best we ever had.

I think Kiner was the best LB we ever had, but also give a vote for Andy Spiva.

Trey was on his way to that...it sucks who he's been trying to protect all his time on the Hill.

Uhm, I'd have to say Derek Barnett...
Consistently dominant All- American type. Broke the damn sack record in 3 years. No redshirt or anything. Straight out of HS was a force.
Nigel Warrior last season earned some All-American recognition i believe.
It would be Eric Berry -- Warrior ? really ?

Reactions: SpookyAction
Al was, but Mayo was cut from the same cloth. Raynoch Thompson to me is still different kind of level athleticism wise. All time favorite kind of player for me.

Reactions: Boone&Crockett
Was about to say one of my all time favorites was Raynoch Thompson, he hit as hard or harder than anyone on that team, I love Al Wilson as well, tough and definately a team leader, I think Mayo was probably the better all around player tho.

Reactions: tastycar
Mayo will soon be in the NFL Hall of Fame... and ainā€™t getting no love in this thread.

VN Store

Back