Who was responsible for hiring the Vol football coaches since 2010?

He is 16-4 last 2 seasons
No compaints with JH. He is excellent. And that is despite what the other coaches before him(2010-2020) did.
Vols were fortunate to hire White and JG.
To answer my own question I looked up VOL ADs, and that explains a lot. i.e. Hart left UT for East Carolina. Currie, another story.
I'm not sure who has the most influence when it comes to hiring an AD? Is it Trustees, Donors?
But, this year is tough. Milton is no Hooker, and we lost some excellent receivers.-----
Thanks for calling me "boy". I'm 71. Wife and I had season tickets from 1989 through 2010. Good memories.

Last edited:
This is way off topic for this post but why does John Barnhill not get much recognition? I know it was during the war years. Any vols historians out there who can help?

JH is 16-4 last 2 seasons
While having the longest at home winning streak since the last century lol.

People acting like this program is back in the recent days of Neyland being split 60/40. Heupel has brought the home field advantage back and no one is talking about it.

While having the longest at home winning streak since the last century lol.

People acting like this program is back in the recent days of Neyland being split 60/40. Heupel has brought the home field advantage back and no one is talking about it.
This is a much different time than 80s 90s and 2000s. I’ve been a diehard fan since 1970. JH is the 2nd coming to do what he’s fine in less than 3 years with the dumpster fire he inherited! It’s hard to win on the road in the SEC especially at places like Gainesville and Tuscaloosa. Most of VN picked 9-3 for the year so not sure WTH everyone expected. We went to 4th quarter with a shot to win. Can’t ask for more than that! Negavols out in full force.

Most likely discussed before, so sorry.
But, 10 years(since Fulmer) of run of the mill performance makes recruiting more difficult. The Vols were mediocre most of the decade of 2010+. When todays players probably started watching college football.

Tennessee's administration along with "certain" boosters.

since Tennessee's last trip to Atlanta (2007 for any kids) the SEC record is 48-78 which is Kentucky bad. Hard to sniff Atlanta with that record.

Reactions: Go aeiou
This is a much different time than 80s 90s and 2000s. I’ve been a diehard fan since 1970. JH is the 2nd coming to do what he’s fine in less than 3 years with the dumpster fire he inherited! It’s hard to win on the road in the SEC especially at places like Gainesville and Tuscaloosa. Most of VN picked 9-3 for the year so not sure WTH everyone expected. We went to 4th quarter with a shot to win. Can’t ask for more than that! Negavols out in full force.

Yep..... Honestly we all know this, but there were so many issues with the program and culture that you could start anywhere to start the cleaning and rebuild.... Heupel has obviously put an emphasis on turning Neyland into a place where visiting teams are dead men walking. I'm not too upset about that.

Had we just given him a sabbatical and not fired him, we would not have been in this predicament!
I appreciate Fulmer, but TBH he underachieved with the talent he had while Heupel has overachieved with his talent level. Phil had plenty of time to figure things out. He should have been given a warning after 2005. It was time for a change in 2008. I was ready to position Heupel to move closer to our 2nd best coach behind Neyland. Some of his play calling this year has caused me to back off a bit, but he’s still a very good coach. His X and Os are better than Fulmers.

VN Store

Back