Why are Scar fans calling this our Superbowl?

Fact is, they beat the ever loving fool out of the Vols last year and can talk all they want. It's up to the current Vols to take back bragging rights, and for the Neyland crowd to make it a little bit more likely.
I’d say they beat us but we did score 38 and if it was us, I would never say I beat the everloving fool out of some team. If I gave up 38 & they lost their qB 1 & we happened to be gifted a TD on that unforced injury fumble no matter the score.but that’s just MO.

I am trying to figure out if I am missing something. The last two alternate jersey games were against Austin Peay and Kentucky. It actually seems like we wear alternates in games that aren't that big to us to spark a little extra interest if anything. The black jerseys wouldn't make sense.

I was looking at tickets this week and UGA and A&M both are more expensive home games to get in the door for than SCAR. So out of our 4 conference home games its only ahead of vandy as far as being easiest ticket.

I'm left either assuming its just them trying to legitimize themselves and preparing it as a hedge for their excuse when they inevitably lose? Or maybe I missed a quote or something? Can someone help me out?
SC fans said the same thing last year. Its what they say about TN every year to cover their anxiety about playing us.

If the conference could go back and undo SC, Arky and Mizzou…keep aTm, Texas and Oklahoma…and round it out with Florida State….we’d all be better for it.

Take SC, Arky, Missouri, & Vandy out of the SEC.

Keep A&M, Texas, OU, and add someone like Louisville to the SEC.

Reactions: 'Boro-vol
Well, this is a conference game. It's a "must win" game. It's a revenge game. It's a division game. It's a game we have to win to be in the race. But that will be true for every Saturday until the end of the season. Yes. It's a big game. But there will be bigger ones this year. I think we will be ready.

Reactions: 08Vol
For me our super bowl is either UF or bama. I guess you can throw UGA in there. South crackalackee is nothing more than a Kentucky caliber average sec opponent we have on the schedule every year. Hey I was at the 2009 game when we busted out in the black jerseys and proceeded to beat the chicken sh!t out of them in all 3 phases for 4 quarters. Reckon they remember that game?
I mean there are players on their team who were 4 years old when that happened…so probably not

Reactions: lifeisdeep
I’d say they beat us but we did score 38 and if it was us, I would never say I beat the everloving fool out of some team. If I gave up 38 & they lost their qB 1 & we happened to be gifted a TD on that unforced injury fumble no matter the score.but that’s just MO.
Dude, they ran out of fireworks. They scored so many TDs they ran out of fireworks to shoot off after scoring. They had 10 drives on offense, they scored TDs on 9 of those drives. No matter how you try to justify it, they beat the everloving fool out of us.

I
For me our super bowl is either UF or bama. I guess you can throw UGA in there. South crackalackee is nothing more than a Kentucky caliber average sec opponent we have on the schedule every year. Hey I was at the 2009 game when we busted out in the black jerseys and proceeded to beat the chicken sh!t out of them in all 3 phases for 4 quarters. Reckon they remember that game?
I was at that game,fun game!!

Reactions: HARTUPM
All SEC opponents should be taken seriously. If we show up prepared and execute the results on the field we speak for themselves. Take in the battles each week and enjoy the moments. GBO!!!!!

Reactions: SpaceCoastVol
Well, this is a conference game. It's a "must win" game. It's a revenge game. It's a division game. It's a game we have to win to be in the race. But that will be true for every Saturday until the end of the season. Yes. It's a big game. But there will be bigger ones this year. I think we will be ready.
If this team, loaded with seniors, isn’t ready to kick ass & get serious about this season starting tomorrow, the coaching staff has some tough decisions to make starting Sunday morning

I am trying to figure out if I am missing something. The last two alternate jersey games were against Austin Peay and Kentucky. It actually seems like we wear alternates in games that aren't that big to us to spark a little extra interest if anything. The black jerseys wouldn't make sense.

I was looking at tickets this week and UGA and A&M both are more expensive home games to get in the door for than SCAR. So out of our 4 conference home games its only ahead of vandy as far as being easiest ticket.

I'm left either assuming its just them trying to legitimize themselves and preparing it as a hedge for their excuse when they inevitably lose? Or maybe I missed a quote or something? Can someone help me out?
For me this might be my most wanted win in recent years because of the way last year went down, their coach, fan and players reactions/comments so maybe they’re right

Reactions: Volfan1000
Given the citrus bowl is their greatest bowl win in program history us calling this a January bowl game would be a historic milestone for them

And just in case USCjr is not clear what type of program they are regardless of the results tomorrow

1696046541696.jpeg

Reactions: SDV

Because a revenge game is the closest they can come to their version of a "superbowl." That program has never even whiffed success and it shows in an embarrassingly hilarious way.

VN Store

Back