Why Do We Still Not Know A QB? Concerning.

NoogaVol423

Go Big Orange
For starters, I am usually optimistic and still am.

CJH said this morning that “they will announce a starter when they feel like they’ve (QB) earned it.

Why does UT never announce a QB until 10 mins before kickoff? It seems like we are the only team in CFB who never has a clear cut starter.
It never turns out good when we play this game. What is the secret? Are all 3 not that great and you’re just picking at this point? Concerning that at least 1 of the bunch hasn’t stood out.

I hope I am wrong, but it is never good when you don't know who is leading your team, 10 days before kickoff.

Reactions: orangealways
Why would they announce it? It’s to their advantage not to give the opponent anything, especially being a new staff to this program.

It’s not concerning at all. Keep the competition going and let the opponent have to prepare for multiple, different QBs.

CJH said this morning that “they will announce a starter when they feel like they’ve (QB) earned it.

Why does UT never announce a QB until 10 mins before kickoff? It seems like we are the only team in CFB who never has a clear cut starter.
It never turns out good when we play this game. What is the secret? Are all 3 not that great and you’re just picking at this point? Concerning that at least 1 of the bunch hasn’t stood out.

I hope I am wrong, but it is never good when you don't know who is leading your team, 10 days before kickoff.
I've never agreed with letting your opponents know who is starting in advance. The same goes with high school football and all this film trading that goes on. Why in the world would you give your opponent any significant advantage?

Why would they announce it? It’s to their advantage not to give the opponent anything, especially being a new staff to this program.

It’s not concerning at all. Keep the competition going and let the opponent have to prepare for multiple, different QBs.

Such a dry and lazy take. If they need to hide the gameplay from BOWLING GREEN, we are in trouble. Give me a break.

I've never agreed with letting your opponents know who is starting in advance. The same goes with high school football and all this film trading that goes on. Why in the world would you give your opponent any significant advantage?

If you are worried about Bowling Green knowing your QB, holy *** we are in trouble.

Why do WE need to know?

This would be plausible if we were playing a team that stood a chance to beat us. Bowling Green is horrible. Last season they were 0-5 and all of the losses were by 25+. None of them were against teams with our talent level. A mass of players transferred and they are replacing many of them with Freshmen. Anyone who thinks this first game will be competitive knows nothing of Bowling Green. This is not a Georgia State situation.... it's not close.

Any team that will be competition for us will see who we start in the first game and have time to prepare. It gives us no competitive advantage.

Why do WE need to know?
I was about to say that. Why does OP need to know who the starter is? Why does it even matter if a starter is "named"?

There's one player that appears to be taking the reps at #1. But why not keep the competition open-ish to keep the motivation high and to keep the other guys pushing? Iron sharpens iron.

I suspect the players know who is leading. I am sure the staff knows. You don't know who is leading the team and that is a non-issue.

The opponent is Blowing Green.....;)
Exactly. This decision has zero to do with our week 1 opponent scouting us, but everything to do with our week 2 opponent having an extra week to do so. We all want to jump to conclusions and assume that no one has jumped to the front of the pack(I seriously worry about you if you don’t know by now that Milton will start week 1) but maybe they all have “stood out” and the coaches are having a hard time nailing one down.🤷‍♂️
GBO!!

VN Store

Back