Why is no one discussing

it can't be any worse that 21-20........

It could be said...after going up 21-3 by TD on every possession some players relaxed against a mid-major team. They shouldn't have, but it's human nature, and a great teaching moment for this young team...and it didn't take a loss to learn the lesson.

The reason I like our chances in this game is because our offensive strength will be in the passing game, which appears to be their D's weakness. UT's offensive strength is in the running game, which is also our D's strength. Just need to make sure we limit big plays on the ground for Dobbs, Hurd, and Kamara. I think our backs will be fine, but it all starts with how effective the passing game is. For all the talent on both sides, these two teams couldn't be more different.

For OU it was their weakness last year with 3 out of 4 secondary starters playing for the first time. With walkons as their backups, and no depth. In spite of that, worley had a whole 201 yards passing against a secondary ranked somewhere below 100. This year, they have some actual depth, and quality talent behind the starters. I'm sure it'll still be the 'weak point' of the D. At this point from what I saw against BG, secondary isnt the strong point of their D. Especially knowing who their db coach is! At any rate, a, IMO, considerably worse secondary last year gave up 201 yards to them . So be fun to see how it goes this year. OU's secondary is untested so who knows what we'll see. But I'm with you, like our chances. But time will tell.

I'd say being 17-3 with Akron in the 3rd quarter until the mighty Zips wore down is lakckluster. Good luck with that Saturday.

I'd call it a slow start for a bunch of new players, but call it what you want, even if you can't spell it. LOL Our game was never in doubt, and we didn't need help from the refs in the 2nd half to pull away. Plus, we actually have a defense, so we'll see who is lackluster in two days.

The reason I like our chances in this game is because our offensive strength will be in the passing game, which appears to be their D's weakness. UT's offensive strength is in the running game, which is also our D's strength. Just need to make sure we limit big plays on the ground for Dobbs, Hurd, and Kamara. I think our backs will be fine, but it all starts with how effective the passing game is. For all the talent on both sides, these two teams couldn't be more different.

Hmm, I dunno. I would like to believe we didn't throw much last week by design...we didn't have to. I think we will try to be more balanced versus OU. Our WRs aren't slouches either so you should be concerned with that IMO.

OU looking one dimensional in the first game gives me hope. It would be a bad thing for the Vols if OU finds a running game Saturday.

For OU it was their weakness last year with 3 out of 4 secondary starters playing for the first time. With walkons as their backups, and no depth. In spite of that, worley had a whole 201 yards passing against a secondary ranked somewhere below 100. This year, they have some actual depth, and quality talent behind the starters. I'm sure it'll still be the 'weak point' of the D. At this point from what I saw against BG, secondary isnt the strong point of their D. Especially knowing who their db coach is! At any rate, a, IMO, considerably worse secondary last year gave up 201 yards to them . So be fun to see how it goes this year. OU's secondary is untested so who knows what we'll see. But I'm with you, like our chances. But time will tell.

Yeah, neither of Akron's Qbs was good enough to test us. Dobbs is good, but they have him on a leash because he can't throw the deep ball consistently. That dink and dunk crap won't work all game long. He's going to have to air it out to beat us.

Yeah, neither of Akron's Qbs was good enough to test us. Dobbs is good, but they have him on a leash because he can't throw the deep ball consistently. That dink and dunk crap won't work all game long. He's going to have to air it out to beat us.

VvM_0F.gif

It could be said...after going up 21-3 by TD on every possession some players relaxed against a mid-major team. They shouldn't have, but it's human nature, and a great teaching moment for this young team...and it didn't take a loss to learn the lesson.

OU didn't play any starters after the 3rd Q...Nice try tho and it was 21-3 for OU.

Hmm, I dunno. I would like to believe we didn't throw much last week by design...we didn't have to. I think we will try to be more balanced versus OU. Our WRs aren't slouches either so you should be concerned with that IMO.

OU looking one dimensional in the first game gives me hope. It would be a bad thing for the Vols if OU finds a running game Saturday.

The crazy/scary part is...UT's Passing Game is at least as good if not better than it's Rushing Game.

If you play a super-up-tempo team like BG and you can rush for 6 or 7 yards every play, then you rush almost every play. You want to control the clock.

I've watched Oklahoma teams in the past that were scary good.
This isn't one of them.
Really should beat them in our house. Very mediocre for a Stoops team.

Reactions: 2 people
I'd call it a slow start for a bunch of new players, but call it what you want, even if you can't spell it. LOL Our game was never in doubt, and we didn't need help from the refs in the 2nd half to pull away. Plus, we actually have a defense, so we'll see who is lackluster in two days.

Okey dokey. I hope you're as mouthy after being taken to the woodshed. Best of luck.

The only running we will see from OU is from their backs running into Kahlil's mouth as he gobbles them up like sprinkles on an ice cream sundae

OU didn't play any starters after the 3rd Q...Nice try tho and it was 21-3 for OU.

??? I was Talking about UT vs BG...Go back an look at the quote that was in my post. My post was answering that quote.

If you didn't see UT's game last week UT cruised to 21-3 in the 1st qtr by scoring TD's on their first three possessions. Then allowed BG to come back 21-20 before crushing BG's dreams.

My post had nothing to do with OU.

You know, you called OU one dimensional, but when your team had a had a one dimensional day, you say they just didnt have to do it to win. Well, how about this, OU did not need to run to win? Clearly, right? You go with what works, and the pass game was basically non existent last year, we already know OU can run, so this was pleasing to the OU fan's eye. I dont know how much different your offense will be this year, but it better be like night & day in order to have a chance.

Reactions: 1 person
You know, you called OU one dimensional, but when your team had a had a one dimensional day, you say they just didnt have to do it to win. Well, how about this, OU did not need to run to win? Clearly, right? You go with what works, and the pass game was basically non existent last year, we already know OU can run, so this was pleasing to the OU fan's eye. I dont know how much different your offense will be this year, but it better be like night & day in order to have a chance.

But OU did try to run the ball and had no luck early. You punted on the first 4 of 5 possessions. You may have had some luck in the 2nd half running the ball but only after you had loosened up their defense by passing.

We had success when we did throw the ball but there was no need to air it out.

So yes, there is a difference in being one dimensional when it is out of necessity.

You have a point but the most surprising thing to me was that it took you a whole quarter and then some to score a touchdown against Akron. Your team played very well in the 2nd and 3rd quarter but you can't afford to get off to another bad start like against Akron. I understand one game doesn't define the rest of the season and that means for both teams.

What no OK poster has mentioned is that UT did not struggle passing or throwing. Admittedly our weakness on D was passing which does help Ok but if UT can stop the run without loading the box like Akron had to wouldn't that offset some of your passing gains?

Reactions: Weezer
OU's run game? Or lack of it against Akron. 100 yards total rushing and 3ypc.
They were lackluster against Akron and they have a handful of games started amongst their oline. This is not dismissing they have 2 excellent backs. The fact they do and still got them involved so little adds to the question.

Thats what we wont, we want OU to come here thinking they got us beat, let them think they got the game won before we play, let there players run there mouth, all that is doing is adding fuel to the fire, Sunday i was worried about this game as the week went by we will win this game.:clapping:

Heh, Midnight, how sad do you have to be in your life to come to an opponent's boards and pick fights for an entire week? I mean, seriously, does your life have nothing in it?

You too, raider. Same question. Is life really that pitiful in Oklahoma?

VN Store

Back