Why Kevin Steele isn't considered as HC?

he's 150 percent better then some names, but everyone knows him, they have all been introduced, why are croots not flocking to him? I see no support.

One more time, What other sport trended down since his first day on the job? I think several are trending up... Getting stuck with a week to make a hire in FB after Currie fired Butch and drug our name through the laugh machine till late in the process did end with a bad hire. GOT IT.
As important as FB is I bet his performance reviews each year included some nice words about his overall job.
Again I don’t know what you can’t figure out here. Fulmer was driven out of the AD position. You can say or think whatever you want but he’s responsible for the worst hire in the history of the football program and the football program likely landing on sanctions during his watch. Most those great other programs are paid for by football revenue.

Again I don’t know what you can’t figure out here. Fulmer was driven out of the AD position. You can say or think whatever you want but he’s responsible for the worst hire in the history of the football program and the football program likely landing on sanctions during his watch. Most those great other programs are paid for by football revenue.

What does that have to do with the array of other sports? He owns the Pruitt hire. He also had ALL the other sports under his watch. I am sure they did not try and talk him out of his retirement, but they BOTH at the presser made it plain it was his decision and as I have said before I am sure part of his motivation was to avoid going 0-2 in FB HC hiring. Then I believe they both doubled down and made it plain they would be calling on him in the future. I know she did. They all knew it had a great shot at helping mitigate the impact of the NCAA hammer.

What does that have to do with the array of other sports? He owns the Pruitt hire. He also had ALL the other sports under his watch. I am sure they did not try and talk him out of his retirement, but they BOTH at the presser made it plain it was his decision and as I have said before I am sure part of his motivation was to avoid going 0-2 in FB HC hiring. Then I believe they both doubled down and made it plain they would be calling on him in the future. I know she did. They all knew it had a great shot at helping mitigate the impact of the NCAA hammer as a sacrifice not an execution.

can't explain this duplicate post.....

What does that have to do with the array of other sports? He owns the Pruitt hire. He also had ALL the other sports under his watch. I am sure they did not try and talk him out of his retirement, but they BOTH at the presser made it plain it was his decision and as I have said before I am sure part of his motivation was to avoid going 0-2 in FB HC hiring. Then I believe they both doubled down and made it plain they would be calling on him in the future. I know she did. They all knew it had a great shot at helping mitigate the impact of the NCAA hammer as a sacrifice not an execution.

can't explain this duplicate post.....
Have you ever known anyone to get paid to retire? Fulmer is still receiving buyout money.

Steele is a proven looser. Just like Derek Dooley, Botch Jones and Jeremy Screw it. Nuff said!!!

Yes, Steele did not do well at Baylor at that time. They were a totally different program and the Big 12 was also a much tougher conference back then.

Keep in mind Orgeron had a 10-25 record as head coach at Ole Miss and Cristobal was 27-47 at FIU. It's possible Steele could do better if given another chance. Or maybe he's just simply better as a coordinator.

There’s a statute of limitations on job performance. If a person sucked 20 year ago but kept grinding, there’s no way to reasonably conclude that they learned nothing during those 20 YEARS and still suck today.

He has a long history in football. What is the deal? Auburn didn't want him. UT doesn't want him. Is he one of these guys who is only qualified to be a DC? And if so why? It always amazes me how some coordinators like Cutliffe or Smart and Mullen do good as a HC and will always get work as a HC but others can't sniff a HC job.
He’s a garbage HC. When his name was in the mix for Auburn everyone thought wooooow wtf are you doing Auburn!? Then they hired a solid coach. I pray we do the same.

He has a long history in football. What is the deal? Auburn didn't want him. UT doesn't want him. Is he one of these guys who is only qualified to be a DC? And if so why? It always amazes me how some coordinators like Cutliffe or Smart and Mullen do good as a HC and will always get work as a HC but others can't sniff a HC job.

Cutcliffe was fired at Ole Miss and has been mediocre at Duke. The only reason they haven’t fired him is b/c their fans don’t care about football.

he's 150 percent better then some names, but everyone knows him, they have all been introduced, why are croots not flocking to him? I see no support.

I don't know if we can read the recruits not flocking as a sign. I believe I heard we are right now a net of 20 of our 25 initial counters. The 19 we signed minus the one asking out, plus the QB transfer and the juco WR. Guessing they are going to hold the rest for the named HC. A recruit or two and some targeted transfers for the new guy to have some influence on his first class. Transfers after conclusion of spring practice is a real option this year, one time passing or not. Lots of upper class guys that have graduated may bolt once depth charts are established. Hoping for schools with talented depth feeds our needs.

Cutcliffe was fired at Ole Miss and has been mediocre at Duke. The only reason they haven’t fired him is b/c their fans don’t care about football.
No it's because Duke's football program completely sucked prior to Cutcliffe's arrival. He has turned them around and are now a respectable program.

He’s 62, and 9-37 as a head coach.

Almost all of his HC experience was about 20 years ago, but he’s still 62.

If he were younger I would imagine folks giving him another chance.

Or possibly a smaller program might anyway.

I think they simply think they can do better. Will they do better? That remains to be seen, but they did bring in an AD that has valued offense at all of his prior stops. Steele isn't an offensive guy. Could he hire a good OC? I'm sure that he could, but the tenor of the team would likely still be philosophically defensive at heart.

I'm sure they will give Kevin Steele an interview, as a courtesy if nothing else, and he could knock it out of the park. But, if they are truly offering small fortunes to coaches like James Franklin, then they appear to be trying to fish out of deeper waters than Kevin Steele swims in with respect to head coaching candidates.

VN Store

Back