Why Vol fans should root for UK Saturday

They’ve never won the East - kind of a cool story.
Happy for a fan base to celebrate a ball that isn’t round and then get to see their team destroyed by Bama in Atlanta.

Because next week in Knox, if we beat UK that win looks even bigger over the Divisional champions.

It knocks Smart and possibly his Uga recruiting down a peg or two. Plus, his fan base starts to grumble some ending honeymoon status.

Biggest reason - I hate UGA! So, Go Cats!
(I do realize that Snell must have big day on ground and that UK defense will have to cause several turnovers to win).
MEE TOOOOO!!!! Go Cats!!!!!!!

Reactions: malinoisvol
Kentucky has been a perennial runt of the litter so it's kind of innocuous to see them find a bone every now and then (as long as it isn't ours). Georgia on the other hand is straightup obnoxious, win lose or draw. Fortunately it's in Georgia's DNA to find a way to **** up any given season.

Bottom line is, when Georgia celebrates it turns my stomach. When Kentucky celebrates it's more like, "Awwww look, it thinks it's people!"

Happy for a fan base to celebrate a ball that isn’t round and then get to see their team destroyed by Bama in Atlanta.

Because next week in Knox, if we beat UK that win looks even bigger over the Divisional champions.

It knocks Smart and possibly his Uga recruiting down a peg or two. Plus, his fan base starts to grumble some ending honeymoon status.

(I do realize that Snell must have big day on ground and that UK defense will have to cause several turnovers to win).
Kentucky is going to get stomped lol

With the way they're recruiting and the team they fielded last year, they looked like they were headed that way...but the team this year is clearly not as good as last season.
They had a good season but Alabama is doing things that just won’t happen again.

Kentucky has been a perennial runt of the litter so it's kind of innocuous to see them find a bone every now and then (as long as it isn't ours). Georgia on the other hand is straightup obnoxious, win lose or draw. Fortunately it's in Georgia's DNA to find a way to **** up any given season.

Bottom line is, when Georgia celebrates it turns my stomach. When Kentucky celebrates it's more like, "Awwww look, it thinks it's people!"
Soylent green is people.

Reactions: pismonque

No. We need UK to lose. Win, and they come in to Knoxville with the SEC East in hand, and maybe the CFP on the line. So they'll bring their "A" game. We would be their last hurdle to the CFP, until Bama buries them. MTSU and UL suck.

Is that the UK team you want to face? Or would you rather take on a UK team that got trucked by UGA, and now the SEC East is out of reach, as is the CFP, as is likely a NY6 bowl game? Motivated UK, or "Just got our ass handed to us by UGA" UK?

I'll take the latter. Go Dawgs, then Go Vols.

Reactions: volfaninky
We will beat UK twice in Basketball so I guess I can pull for them against UGA. Then we spoil their FB party next week 🙏

It would be the best win on the season regardless what happens with Georgia

Would be way bigger then auburn win imo UK has 2 all americans in Allen and Snell that seem to show up when needed

I could see Snell having monster day against Georgia or getting bottled up and shut down who knows

Maybe we can stop the run more effectively against UK as odd as it seems. Stack the box. We weren’t doing that vs SC, we were respecting their pass game. UK has no pass game to respect

Maybe we can stop the run more effectively against UK as odd as it seems. Stack the box. We weren’t doing that vs SC, we were respecting their pass game. UK has no pass game to respect

Eh I dont know. They passed realky well against Mizzou. UK has one of the best OLs in the East while our DL is probably one of the worst. But you never know.

Reactions: VolGirl1126

VN Store

Back