Why we want Clemson

Recruiting period. TN once dominated the Carolina’s in the late 90’s to 2007 and if we beat Clemson in a bowl or even play well in a loss with our 3 star team it could gain us ground with a lot of those 4’s and 5’s headed to Clemson before.

I’d like to play them because DJ Ugalielielala doesn’t know how to play football good. Any semi-competent QB could do some damage with our secondary.

Thier QB sucks so it would make us look great.
But DJ will probably throw for about 500 yards on us.
Thats my firsts thoughts---we've seen this horror story so many times before= some sub-par QB who has been struggling all season all of a sudden plays lights out when they play the Vols. That Florida qb almost did it this season. But it would be fun to beat Dab--oh in a bowl.

Reactions: jonnon111
Most of the top teams are going to be tough for us to beat but I feel like Clemson would be an easier matchup for Tennessee than Ohio State or even North Carolina (I know the latter is odd but UNC has a very good vertical passing game that is probably going to rack up points on Tennessee).

The only other option that might be good is Penn State. Penn State might be an even more favorable opponent than Clemson for Tennessee.

If you can't see the passing game will be limited I don't know what to tell ya. Yes it was raining but he over threw 6 or 7 passes that were first downs/TDs
He has a couple of games where he was right on target, so there is potential. Overthrowing can be corrected. At least he has the arm strength overthrow propos.

VN Store

Back