Wichita State's Gregg Marshall in big trouble

Hoosier_Vol

Vol Stuck in B1G 10 Hell
Well, we know why there was a revolving door now for players and assistants.

Among the allegations Stadium uncovered:
  • Marshall punched Morris in the head during a practice in October of 2015. “I love my teammates, the city and Wichita State,” said Morris, who played at Wichita State from 2014-18. “But if I could go back to that day when he punched me, I would have left.”
  • Marshall choked Lindsted, then a Shockers assistant coach, at a practice during the 2016-17 season, sources said. Lindsted, now an assistant at Minnesota, declined comment.
  • Marshall taunted junior forward Isaiah Poor Bear-Chandler, who is of Native American descent, “to get back on his horse” and made “Indian howling noises” while in practice during the 2018-19 season.
  • Marshall body-shamed a former player by lifting his shirt up during a practice in the 2015-16 season, grabbing the player’s stomach and then mocking the player’s girth.
Of the 36 players and coaches Stadium interviewed, only Morris and former Wichita State guard Ty Taylor agreed to be identified for this report. The remaining individuals, who corroborated the allegations against Marshall, said they feared retribution and possible community backlash because of Marshall’s support and power in Wichita.

Sources: Wichita State’s Gregg Marshall Punched Player, Choked Assistant - Stadium

Isn't it "interesting" how this stuff comes out 5 years later, now that we're a few years removed from their last truly great season.

Not to say that it didn't happen, but it just shows how nobody wants to rock the boat when the team is winning.

Isn't it "interesting" how this stuff comes out 5 years later, now that we're a few years removed from their last truly great season.

Not to say that it didn't happen, but it just shows how nobody wants to rock the boat when the team is winning.

Yep, winning covers a lot of warts. But when you start losing.....

Reactions: BUBear
Well, we know why there was a revolving door now for players and assistants.

Among the allegations Stadium uncovered:
  • Marshall punched Morris in the head during a practice in October of 2015. “I love my teammates, the city and Wichita State,” said Morris, who played at Wichita State from 2014-18. “But if I could go back to that day when he punched me, I would have left.”
  • Marshall choked Lindsted, then a Shockers assistant coach, at a practice during the 2016-17 season, sources said. Lindsted, now an assistant at Minnesota, declined comment.
  • Marshall taunted junior forward Isaiah Poor Bear-Chandler, who is of Native American descent, “to get back on his horse” and made “Indian howling noises” while in practice during the 2018-19 season.
    [*]Marshall body-shamed a former player by lifting his shirt up during a practice in the 2015-16 season, grabbing the player’s stomach and then mocking the player’s girth.
Of the 36 players and coaches Stadium interviewed, only Morris and former Wichita State guard Ty Taylor agreed to be identified for this report. The remaining individuals, who corroborated the allegations against Marshall, said they feared retribution and possible community backlash because of Marshall’s support and power in Wichita.

Sources: Wichita State’s Gregg Marshall Punched Player, Choked Assistant - Stadium
😂😂😂🤣🤣

Sorry...had to get that out of my system.

You GOTTA LOVE these Wichita State Cheer Squad Supporters...

wsu3.jpg

This reminds me a little bit of that Rutgers coach who was fired 7 or 8 years ago for abusive behavior towards his players. One big difference is that there was video evidence against him. There doesn't appear to be any against Marshall. Unless something surfaces, he will probably ride out the storm of bad publicity.

If I were Wichita State, I'd send him packing, name an interim for this season and then let the Koch Brothers write a fat check to Shaka Smart after he gets canned from Texas this year.

Reactions: Purple Tiger
Wow, this is the problem now in America, lack of corporal punishment. It may seem harsh but it works. My high school basketball coach stood at the circle with a belt, if you didn't make it to the your mark on time you paid a price!

Wow, this is the problem now in America, lack of corporal punishment. It may seem harsh but it works. My high school basketball coach stood at the circle with a belt, if you didn't make it to the your mark on time you paid a price!
Yeah some stuff is wussified but there are limits. If the guy punched someone depends of context. If punched in shoulder to say these guys are going to be physical we play this week. Thats one thing but because ran wrong play if punch to face then should have been terminated immediately. Or the native American kid was he telling the kid we are going to a hostile environment this week and that schools student section is brutal. Thats different than just making fun of thr kid and insulting his heritage. And for that i dont see dismissal necessary but surely be reprimanded or fined.

VN Store

Back