Will Pittman Poach Chaney?

Chaney is not moving to a state that has a state income tax. He has eluded to that fact before. He said he wants to retire in Tennessee.

Chaney will spend the rest of his coaching days at Tennessee. Pittman going to Arkansas certainly does not help Georgia. The Georgia offense was not good with Chaney gone. With Pittman gone, the Georgia offensive line will not be good either. This is where the Vols have the chance to be the best in the East in 2010.
Agreed with everything but the 1 in this reply! 🤣

Chaney has a terrific contract with UT. I doubt Arkansas can try to match it as they are paying off Morris and his staff and may be still paying Bielema. Sam Pittman has his work cut out for him. He sort of worked for Chaney- not sure Chaney would want to work for Sam.

They aren’t paying Bielema he’s working for the Pats I think

They aren’t paying Bielema he’s working for the Pats I think
Arkansas has reportedly stopped paying Bret Bielema’s buyout

Arkansas did stop paying Bielema but it looks like it may generate a court case. This could form a precedent for Butch Jones who is more or less a volunteer at Alabama. I have a hard time believing Arkansas can walk away from their settlement with Bielema but this should be interesting. Some of the buyouts to change coaches are insane.

Does this help us in anyway with current UGA commitments??

If he was that married to the idea of working with Pittman he wouldn’t have left him in UGA for slightly more money. Family trumps friendship.

Reactions: butchna
Chaney's not leaving. He left a national championship contender because he loves Knoxville and wants to retire there. He's the highest paid OC in the country. Why would he suddenly pack it all up to go to Fayetteville?

Even in the unlikely event Arkansas wanted to make a run for him, they'd probably have to start the bidding at $2 mil. Not happening.

Last edited:
Jim Chaney is where he wants to be. He lives E. TN the hunting and fishing along with his daughter and her live for equestria. He once told me that upon his return this is where he will retire but hey its coaching and we know that to be very fluid

Chaney will spend the rest of his coaching days at Tennessee. Pittman going to Arkansas certainly does not help Georgia. The Georgia offense was not good with Chaney gone. With Pittman gone, the Georgia offensive line will not be good either. This is where the Vols have the chance to be the best in the East in 2010.

I like the typo of 2010.
Makes me feel younger.

Gonna need a Flux Capacitor for that. I dont think even ATLVOL can help on that one.

VN Store

Back