Will Vols rely on split back formation?

I personally would love to see an I-formation look on a occasion. Either member of RUN CMG would be deadly running out of it, and our play action passing game would be lethal. Which would make for a killer offense ! Deadly...killer....lethal..lol, as a member in good standing of VOLNATION, I approve this message 👊👊GBO

Loved seeing them run out of the I against NW

Reactions: 1 person
Meh, with Josh Dobbs receiving the snaps, we have a built-in split back benefit without having to use up one of our 11 spots. That's the value of a true dual-threat QB.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for throwing in some 2-RB sets with Hurd and Kamara. We just don't need it to create uncertainty in the direction the ball might take out of the backfield.

Go Vols!

Agreed with this.

When I was a kid playing madden 2001, used to always do a play called "flats" where the RBs obviously flared out to each side. Something like that would be difficult to cover for linebackers, especially when you consider that dobbs can take off by himself and the defense would be spread out thin across the field

I personally would love to see an I-formation look on a occasion. Either member of RUN CMG would be deadly running out of it, and our play action passing game would be lethal. Which would make for a killer offense ! Deadly...killer....lethal..lol, as a member in good standing of VOLNATION, I approve this message 👊👊GBO

I think you'll love what happens this season. Plenty of the spread but DeBord didn't introduce that offset I for shizz and giggles. :yess:

Reactions: 1 person
I know it was Northwestern but it worked really well and Hurd was a lot faster at hitting the hole out of the I.

He's at full speed going FORWARD... That's what we're seeing on Sportscenter highlights...and Heisman candidate films. Hurd has had some epic runs...that netted 3-4 yards. Fighting off a gang in the backfield doesn't look impressive in the boxscore tho.

Reactions: 2 people
Meh, with Josh Dobbs receiving the snaps, we have a built-in split back benefit without having to use up one of our 11 spots. That's the value of a true dual-threat QB.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for throwing in some 2-RB sets with Hurd and Kamara. We just don't need it to create uncertainty in the direction the ball might take out of the backfield.

Go Vols!

I like both backs out there, but we can't get carried away and not let them get some rest to be fresh.

He's at full speed going FORWARD... That's what we're seeing on Sportscenter highlights...and Heisman candidate films. Hurd has had some epic runs...that netted 3-4 yards. Fighting off a gang in the backfield doesn't look impressive in the boxscore tho.

I agree, I hope they go back to it during the year

VN Store

Back