Will we get a new coach by NSD?

Will we know who the next coach is by Friday 1/29 EoB?

• Yes

Votes: 131 87.9%
  • No

Votes: 18 12.1%

• Total voters
FWIW, from Parker's website:
We understand the sensitivity and urgency of finding a coach or sports executive. That’s why we complete most coach searches in 10 to 14 days and can complete executive searches in four to five weeks.
We have a proprietary database with statistics on all of the industry’s professionals. This helps us find talent that is right for our clients.

If finding DB Cooper meant that whoever found him got to pick our next coach, how long would it take a Vol fan to find him?

I say two days, max.

Reactions: Jpcisco
Every day that passes means we are going on down the list! If we get to Elliot we are truly a lower tier program, along with Vanderbilt, and will be for a long time to come and I have my suspicions if we every climb out. If we even consider an offensive coordinator that has never proven he can build a program (always coached with elite talent), worked for a coach who has an offensive mindset, never was a head coach period, much less in the P5, our fan base (including me) will sit on the sidelines until we can compete with the elite. Heck Pruitt at least coached at some elite programs and look at what happened. He could not even cheat well.

If this happens, I suspect I will be sitting for a long time.

That absolutely does not mean that. White is gonna interview numerous guys and you do checks on them to make sure there's no skeletons in the closet. I really hope we hire an established HC, but if we don't it doesn't make us a lower tier team. Georgia ( Smart), Ohio St ( Day), Oklahoma ( Riley), Clemson ( Dabo) were all in the same class of assistant as Elliott and each has done well. Lack of HC didn't deter those teams, who make up the majority of teams in the CFP. Just because Pruitt failed doesn't mean every 1st time HC will. Pruitt was a stubbord idiot that couldn't get out of his own way and wouldn't accept advice from guys who have been in his position. I'm tired of seeing so many fans say we are settling if we hire a 1st time HC. I trust White to make better decisions than Fulmer and like I said it sure didn't hurt GA, OU, Clem or Ohio St in hiking a 1st time HC. Nobody on this board is qualified to know who will be a successful HC here. Leave that to the ones with experience and getting paid 1.8 million to do so. Just support who he hires or go pull for someone else.

Reactions: jerrync and BigDave
That absolutely does not mean that. White is gonna interview numerous guys and you do checks on them to make sure there's no skeletons in the closet. I really hope we hire an established HC, but if we don't it doesn't make us a lower tier team. Georgia ( Smart), Ohio St ( Day), Oklahoma ( Riley), Clemson ( Dabo) were all in the same class of assistant as Elliott and each has done well. Lack of HC didn't deter those teams, who make up the majority of teams in the CFP. Just because Pruitt failed doesn't mean every 1st time HC will. Pruitt was a stubbord idiot that couldn't get out of his own way and wouldn't accept advice from guys who have been in his position. I'm tired of seeing so many fans say we are settling if we hire a 1st time HC. I trust White to make better decisions than Fulmer and like I said it sure didn't hurt GA, OU, Clem or Ohio St in hiking a 1st time HC. Nobody on this board is qualified to know who will be a successful HC here. Leave that to the ones with experience and getting paid 1.8 million to do so. Just support who he hires or go pull for someone else.
We shall see! I hope you are correct. However, the top choices have already been vetted before any interview takes place.

VN Store

Back